The Quilting & Patchwork Cottage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I have sent my blocks to the winner ...

Go down 
+5
Karen H
Annie M
Tarnyia S
Jan S
Bobbie B
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Karen H

I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:39 pm

My blocks went to Jen today. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 1:48 pm

you are very speedy Karen ... I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 1711322713
Back to top Go down
debbie l

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:51 am

Hello there, tell me about the best way to post blocks to Jen in America...I have had some difficulties in the past trying to send stuff to USA, so I want some advice. Post flat or rolled? packaging material best used? postage?
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:06 am

deb .. i find that flat packing them is cheapest ... i use an A5 size envelope usually .. they should fit in there .. i sort of layer the blocks too to get the best flat coverage in the envelope ... the flatter the better ... cos if it is too bulky it will cost more .... you just need to be fairly neat and tidy with it and iron the blocks after you fold them ... that helps heaps ... i put them in a larger than sandwich size zippy bag and cut the closure off (reduces bulk) and try to squeeze out all the air and tape the bag closed ... i guess a freezer bag would do the same job .. just keeps inks from stamps and moisture off the blocks ...

of course you will need a customs douane CN22 for it .. you get these from the PO .. as it will be classed a parcel and not documents ... just put on the declaration that it is Fabric ... it is a gift and valued at $10.00 ... they will fill in the weight etc ... put your name and address on it .. and you will need your drivers licence or some other photo id .. when they are done doing everything they need to do .. make sure they put an orange sticker on it ... saying ID verified ... otherwise it could be held up in customs for months .... just in case it contains a bomb .. they don't want them exploding in the aircraft .. much better it happens in a PO somewhere ... ??? ...

it will cost about $4.70 air mail ... don't forget your return address and an air mail sticker ...

if there is anything i have missed .. please ask ...
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Well, they did not put an orange sticker on mine....... Sad
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:06 pm

did you put a customs dec on it karen .. if so ... make sure they put the orange sticker on it ....

i remind them everytime ... cos one envelope did take over 3 months to get to the States .. cos they forgot it ...

Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 6:57 pm

No......
Back to top Go down
Jan S

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:05 pm

My blocks went to Jen in today's mail - as you described - flat, airmail sticker, $4.70 customs declaration and orange sticker.

Jan
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:11 pm

hahaha .... well done Jan ... haha ...

opps just remembered ... mine are still sitting here.... will get to the PO before friday ...
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:11 am

OK, I asked yesterday about the customs sticker and the lady said, no, it's an envelope and under 20 mm thick. so it's a large letter. Suspect I hope she is correct.
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:18 am

Karen H wrote:
OK, I asked yesterday about the customs sticker and the lady said, no, it's an envelope and under 20 mm thick. so it's a large letter. Suspect I hope she is correct.

and it arrived already!!! bounce
Mailed Sat 5th, arrived yesterday, so just over a week.... I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 1711322713
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:21 pm

I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 811209183black, red and white lotto blocks are in the mail as of yesterday to Jen
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 11:35 pm

well .. i didn't get mine in the mail on friday ... i don't think i did anyway ... i am hopeless at the moment ... i know i sent a letter overseas .. but i think it was a different block swap .. and i know i sent a couple of birthday cards to the grandkids on friday .. and i think another block swap here in oz ... but i do not believe i have mailed my lotto blocks to jen ... and the next whoopsie i have is ............. i can't find them ...

i am a mess ... i have been searching everywhere tonight .. and cannot find them ... now unless they are in the bedroom .. which makes little sense ... i have no idea what i have done with them ...

i will have another look in the morning when i come home from taking ricky to work ... and after shadowing the bus to the auto electrician ... and bring marcos home .. then i will have the rest of the day to me ... and i will probably spend some of it making some more black / white and red lotto blocks to send to our sweet Jen ...

and when i do that .. i will move something and find the blocks i made last month ... it is always the way ... oh dear ... what a air head i am ...

geek
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:47 am

ok ... i have found them .... of course it was the last place i looked ... haha ... why look any further i say ... haha ...

anyway ... they were not too far from where i am actually sitting ... they were behind the screen on the laptop ... Rolling Eyes ... and sort of under the laptop ... half and half .. but still noticeable if i had have looked properly last night ...

marcos being marcos asked if i was trying to send them over the internet ... via the computer ... ......................... he is an idiot ... haha ...

anyway .. these will go out in todays mail along with a birthday FQ that is late ....
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:24 pm

Men!!!! I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 2632933075
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:52 pm

I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 2056782734 Linda will get a kick out of that Bobbie - if she reads it too! Just goes to show she is not the only forgetful one when going to the post for swaps! I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 1569876678
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:17 pm

i went to say something to Ricky tonight .. and just stood there looking at him ... he asked if i was ok ... i said i was .. but could not remember what i wanted to say to him ...

his next question was ... 'have you had a stroke nan?? '

I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 692134046

I don't think so ...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:27 pm

Don't you just hate that!!! I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 2056782734 Probably need a 'night cap' though right? I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 1294853530 I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 347283988
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:54 am

Bobbie B wrote:
i went to say something to Ricky tonight .. and just stood there looking at him ... he asked if i was ok ... i said i was .. but could not remember what i wanted to say to him ...

his next question was ... 'have you had a stroke nan?? '

I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 692134046

I don't think so ...
and your answer...........yes lad, a stroke of genius!!!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:53 am

what a fantastic answer ... now let's hope i can remember how it goes and not stuff it up too badly ...

well done Karen ... I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 4181835256
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:20 am

haha, Bobbie!
Speaking of lost things Embarassed do you recall the saga of the usb stick?
Was that called Quilter's World? and do you still get that?
There is a pattern in the August one, a blue quilt.....

Creative Pieces -- A Simple Blue Quilt

Design by Holly Daniels
and it is sort of folded in the pic and I want a look at the design? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
debbie l

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 6:13 am

Dammit I should have posted in here last Wed...sent my blocks, Jen!!
Back to top Go down
jendickson8

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 8:59 am

I got your blocks today Deb. Love them. Don't know what I am going to do with them yet, but black, red and white can be so dynamic.
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:33 am

i mailed my blocks off to you yesterday Tarnyia ... should have them soon i hope ...
Back to top Go down
jendickson8

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:11 pm

Tarnyia - Your blocks are going in the mail today, Sept. 4, 2012.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have sent my blocks to the winner ...    I have sent my blocks to the winner ...  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I have sent my blocks to the winner ...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next