The Quilting & Patchwork Cottage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Current Project

Go down 
+13
Helen P
Dee B
Joey C
Annie M
Evelyn J
Wendy R
Jan S
Linda
Bobbie B
BB
Tarnyia S
Blondie
Karen H
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Evelyn J

Current Project - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 4:13 pm

Backing......... I'm sure you will find 'something'... what about one of Marcos's shirts perhaps? Preferably one he is not wearing at the time?
It might get a bit draughty when he goes outdoors for his usual, ummm........ 'look about' .
 lol!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 4:22 pm

his shirts would not do .. they are way too small .... i need something that is at least 55 inches square ... now one of my dresses maybe ... haha .
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 10:20 pm

Well......... and you will probably think I am crazy for suggesting this (all right, yes I know, you already think that! ha ha) but, what about cutting more blades for the back and making it double sided? Doesn't have to be pieced blades and could even be a different colour scheme as well?

I had best get out of here quick now before you have time to read this.. besides it is my bed time.
 Current Project - Page 18 347283988
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 12:23 pm

I am currently looking at an ever-growing pile of started sewing projects that needed to be finished long ago, and another even taller pile that needed starting (yesterday even)! 

Anyone know of a good Quilter's Anonymous group I might contact for much-needed HELP? 

Maybe that is not the group I really need? 
Maybe it is one that teaches you how to 'NOT put your hand up and say YES' so often? 

I feel really overwhelmed at the moment................. 
Not even making lists, and crossing things off, seems to be helping.......... 
And yes; I have two sewing machines........... but only ONE foot control........... 
And yes; I am a 'twin', but my other half is having the same problem at this time, so no help there!
 lol!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 11:49 am

the way i am getting thru mine Evelyn is to have them all behind a cupboard door ... and ... open that door ... take ONE out ... not 2 or 3 to see which is easier ... but the one on top ... ONE .... and finish it ... then take a photo ... put the pic up here in the gallery ... then put it up on facebook so that everyone can tell you how brilliant you are .... and then another post on the blog ... and then get all the bloated messages from there ... all that does wonders for the ego and also helps motivate to open that cupboard door again ... to pull ONE more top/kit/preplanned quilt out ... and start all over again ... 

i am lucky that most of mine are just 'all but ?' finished .... borders is all that is needed in most of them .. but ... still i am getting the tops finished ... even have made a couple of cushion covers from blocks that are sitting in there .... all in all i am cutting thru them ... 

i have not been able to quilt them ... i don't have the wadding backing or time to do that yet ... but eventually i will ... or i will work out that i don't actually want what i have completed and maybe try to sell them on ebay .. but i am cutting thru the pile of UFO's ... and ... i am getting heaps of wonderful comments about them too ... haha .. and that does wonders for my ego ...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 12:32 am

I have such plans, a whole mountain of them in fact .......... and piles of fabric waiting to be cut that just won't fit behind 'a single door'!! ha ha

Just when I think I am going to get back into the job at hand, someone comes along and asks me to help do something else (besides my quilts) and silly me, I can't say 'no'! I am just hopeless -  Rolling Eyes  I know!! Really hopeless hey! 

lol! 
I should really turn in, I just realised it is way past the 'witching hour'................... I have fabric to cut tomorrow.......... or else!!!

Current Project - Page 18 347283988
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 1:44 am

i have a couple of things i want to get finished off before tuesday so that i can take them into hospital with me ... i should be able to hand sew some stuff after a few days ... maybe a binding or two ... and i have a heap of little embroidery things to do .... going to make some tree decorations for christmas ...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 11:42 am

Wash your mouth out Bobbie right now!!
It is only August already and you are getting ready for Christmas??
 rendeer 
I have only just gotten over the last one.............
 lol!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 12:14 pm

oh Evelyn ... i am not getting ready for THIS Christmas .... these things will seriously take me years to complete ... Chance will probably see them when he turns 21 ... lol
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 12:38 pm

All right then! 
Now I don't feel so bad!
 Current Project - Page 18 2056782734  rendeer  geek  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptySat Aug 23, 2014 7:06 pm

got the borders on another quilt top today ... hopefully i will get another one done tonight ... 

also want to get something cut out before i go into hospital ... so that i can sew it when i get home if i have a good day ... not sure if i will be able to stand and chop but i should be ok to sew for a little while .... well i live in hope .. haha
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 2:49 pm

I have been into the gallery and viewed your latest creations.
You should put a notice in here when you post new pics so we can all see and admire them.
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 7:52 pm

Here is a link to the gallery to view my latest bag creation. No handles yet as I am still thinking and maybe I might even add commercial handles that clip-on?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 9:49 pm

i had a blue bag ... similar to the red one of yours Evelyn ... although i did not make it ... it had fabric handles made from the same fabrics that were in the hexies .... and they were stitched on at the points of the hexies ... or close to them ... i have the bag at home .... it is very well worn and actually has holes in it now ..... i still use it as a 'go to the beach' bag 

but right now .. i am going to ... go to bed ... and bugger the bags ... althoughh it is lovely in colour ... i will still have to pass on it ... so much pain .... so little morphine ... lol ... 

night girls ..
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 2:55 pm

Glad to see you are recovering Bobbie. 
Current Project - Page 18 396159620

WARNING!!!!
If it hurts when you laugh - don't read on any further ok.....

As for your blue hex bag with holes in it..... that is why it is called 'patchwork'!!! Maybe you could add some patches and fix those holes - when you get all better that is!!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 2:57 pm

Beautiful day for washing here today, and yes it is MONDAY too!!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 7:52 pm

oh .... i just realised that the blue bag i have is not a hexie one at all ... it is just 6 inch charm squares ..... adn i would never try to fix it ... cos .. 1. it ain' broke and 2. .... i love it just as it is .. holes and all ...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 7:35 pm

Wash your mouth out Bobbie - they are not holes - they are 'negative space embellishments'!
lol!
Never mind - we all know you were under the influence of 'something' when you posted which is likely to cause you to forget heaps of stuff or call squares hexagons even. Just concentrate on getting better real soon.
Current Project - Page 18 396159620
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 8:20 pm

I was in Spotlight last Thursday evening doing a demonstration on how to make bunting. Instead of the usual triangles/flags etc I made naive, pinked-edged 3D gingerbread men, women and children along with hearts and stars. I  added ribbon loops to their hands so I could arrange/change the bunting any way I wanted this year or next etc. Was a fun evening and I had so many compliments I almost had to buy another hat (almost)!
Will have to put a photo up though after I have finished and it is hanging nicely. Too busy to get back to it at the moment. Would love to get the Aunty's quilt done by next weekend if possible? That would actually involve me sitting and sewing now wouldn't it? scratch Maybe tomorrow while the washing is drying?
Current Project - Page 18 4049840659
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 2:26 am

i am actually sewing .. well i was today .. or should that read yesterday ... anyway whenever it was i was at the machine and doing stuff ... 

i finally got a couple of the BOM blocks completed ... photos coming ... still have a couple more to do and then they are caught up ... 

i am also doing a top using a jelly roll ... one of those "1600 Jelly Roll quilts" ... look here ... http://www.e-quilterscorner.com/blog/2013/02/21/free-1600-jelly-roll-quilt-pattern/

this i am doing inbetween things ... just to break things up a bit ... 

i am also working on some blocks for a quilt for my friend Delwyn who has Lymphoma ... I have a few blocks already that were so generously sent to me by .. Karen .. Helen and Debbie .. and have a couple coming from a quilty lady friend from overseas ... so i think i have a little time up my sleeve ... i did get the border and sashing fabric online .. but really does not go with all the blocks ... but i will work some thing out .. i always do .. 

won't be doing much tomorrow .. sunday ... as Marcos is taking me out on a special surprise date ... we are leaving about 6:30 in the morning so i really should be in bed sleeping ... but am a little excited cos i have no idea where we are going and i have tried and tried to get him to say where .. but apparently he is very very good at keeping a secret ... i did not know how sneaky he really was until now ... hmmmm .. will have to discuss this further with him ... 

anyway .. i am off to have a shower and then to bed ... need all the nice sleep i can get ... that way i will be nice and not nasty tomorrow when he wakes me ... haha
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 4:43 pm

Hope you have had a lovely day today Bobbie............ do tell us all about it when you get home?
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 5:03 pm

well .. we did go out this morning ... and i will tell you all about that .. but you will have to go over to the other thread to read about it ... 

after we got home and i had breakfast and lunch .. yeah ok .. you could call it brunch but it was just a ham sandwich with a little smear of homemade green tomato pickles .. my mum's recipe ... yummmmmy ... 

after that .. i went into my sewing room ... oh it is soooooooooooooo good to have a whole room to sew in .. with a door that i can close the world out with .... bliss .. anyway ... i finished piecing all the jelly roll strips ... end to end ... and whoops .. i did not have enough ... so i had to find another 13 greens ... cut the strips and also stitch them .. end to end using a mitred join ... that took me a little while to do ... and then i started the process of sewing the first length of the quilt top ... 

that took me 37 minutes and almost a full bobbin ... 1600 inches in one seam ... haha .. that was fun  ... then .. carefully cutting the folded end .. i started again .. this time it took me 17 minutes to sew a 800 inch seam ... again cutting the end open ... i stopped timing myself at this point and just did the next lot of seams ... by about 3:30 i had sewn the whole top together ... then i pressed all the seams and ironed the quilt top ... 

tada ... it is lovely and Marcos actually likes it ... it is green ... when my camera battery has recharged ( drained it flat this morning taking pics of my surprise) ... i will take a photo of my latest quilt top which apparently i need to put a dark green border on ... who the heck told him he could advise me on what needs to be done ... anyone would think he was elected to be the quilt police
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 5:30 pm

OI!!! What OTHER THREAD Bobbie?????

I visited that site and really like their instructions for variations on this design. I have seen it called jelly roll race as well. It would look good with a little plain appliqué (like silhouettes) across one corner too? (Just my 2 cents worth and not looking for a job with the quilt police or anything!! ha ha)
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 5:39 pm

the other thread over there ... you know the one ... haha .... actually i have not done it yet .. got sidetracked .. opps ... 

and this top looks ok as is .. i have seen all sorts of applique done on them ... and your right .. the jelly roll race ... that was what a video i watch was calling it ... 

a lady friend of mine appliqued a tree on one that she did ... hers was done in autumn tones and the tree she did was just plain black .. very effective .. but not something i want to do ... 

i also saw one on some site that was black and white with large flowers all over it ... but .. i think i would have just done the black and white's ... maybe with a splash of red or yellow ... but the yellow would have to rather bold ... 

off to see about doing that post in the other thread ... you know the one ... it's over there .... close to the one with the thingy on it ....
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 7:12 pm

Eureka!!! I found it!!!
lol!  eventually!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Current Project
Page 18 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next