The Quilting & Patchwork Cottage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Current Project

Go down 
+13
Helen P
Dee B
Joey C
Annie M
Evelyn J
Wendy R
Jan S
Linda
Bobbie B
BB
Tarnyia S
Blondie
Karen H
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Karen H

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Current Project   Current Project EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:52 am

I have many current projects..... Rolling Eyes but today it is a baby boy quilt I must finish in time for a baby shower in April, Easter Sunday to be precise. Shocked So far I have made 2 x 12" feature blocks and then made 36 framed square blocks but I hate them, so today I am trying again, lol. Pics at some stage. bounce
Back to top Go down
Blondie

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:23 pm

I am like you Karen; I always have more than one project in the making. I am working on a baby ball right now for my soon to arrive grand. I am also working on a wall hanging for the beauty salon I own. Plus I have a scrappy quilt in the works. I am using some UFO's for the backing. That particular quilt will be a keeper for me and the hubs since I wouldn't want anyone else to own such a disshelved piece of work.
I should take more pictures!
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 3:00 pm

Very Happy I am currently trying to get UFOs or WIPs finished and I seem to have the horrible problem that I know is contagious ''seeing new stuff and wanting to make that too''... here are a couple of things that I have finished so far this year... well if I could I would................. BOBBIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE help
Back to top Go down
BB
Admin

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:00 pm

T ... you can't post photos here .. but if you go to the bottom of the index / home page .. you'll see the gallery bits at the bottom of the page .. right at the bottom is the members one where you can open your own little gallery ... or ... you can post in the shared ones at the top of that section ...

posting a photo may take a few goes and a bit of practice ... i am working on a tutorial to show you how to do it .. which i hope will make it easy ...

i do know it might be a bit frustrating .. but to have a proper gallery will cost $$ and I want to make this as easy and accessible to everyone without any costs involved ...

Back to top Go down
Karen H

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:25 pm

I tried, I gave up Sad
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:26 am

ok .. i tried to do a tutorial .. but i too gave up on that .. and in the end just opened up the gallery that comes with the forum ..

there is an amount of 'storage' space that comes free of charge and if we do need extra room down the track .. i have checked into that ... and it really is not that much ... i used to spend more in a day on ciggies than it will cost for extra space for a year ..

and i reckon i can do that ...

so girls .. show us what you are working on .. .. you will see the link at the top of the main page ..
Back to top Go down
Linda

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 8:19 am

Blondie I love raggy quilts, but, must admit, last year did a few too many. I usualkly make them for babies.

Karen the quilt I just did for the lady who is ill was a blue and green toile, in kids pics, turned out ok.

I am about to start a quilt fir the little sister, but, am not happy with the colours yet, so, this may take some time.LOL
Back to top Go down
Jan S

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 6:34 am

I have just finished a single bed quilt from blocks I received in another swap program. All my centre squaes are the same, but it is amazing how many different ways my partners completed the blocks. It is a good feeling to know that for every block in my quilt I have sent a block to someone else in the world who has added it to their quilt.

I love the brightness and scrappiness of this quilt, but am trying to move to softer, more neutral and subdued colours.

My current project - at least one of them - is making a dragon for a grand daughter who just adores dragons. She is 4 and knows the names and special features of the dragons and their keepers from "How to Train Your Dragon".

Picture of that later.

Jan
Back to top Go down
BB
Admin

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 7:04 am

Jan that quilt is just beautiful ... i have some here from that same swap .. but the site closed down before I got enough to make a quilt with ...
maybe we could start a similar swap here ... that would be good ...

I have also put a photo in the gallery .. well two actually of the block that will be my grandsons birthday quilt ...

i have 17 more to complete .. they are at different stages .. but would like to get them finished off this weekend ... so i can take them with me when we go away next week ...

more of that on the chit chat thread ...

have also put a couple of pics in the gallery of stuff that i have completed over the last couple of weeks .. nothing too exciting ... but finished ...
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 4:03 pm

Very Happy Gorgeous quilt Jan... the blocks have all come together quite well... it has a ''granny square'' look to it
Back to top Go down
Jan S

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 3:55 pm

The dragon for my grand daughter is still a work in progress, but I have made a couple of co-ordinating pillow cases for my daughter's beach house.
Back to top Go down
Wendy R

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Today I have a new very small garden shed in the back garden - does that count ..... lol
Back to top Go down

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:03 pm

Well I think that counts its a current project LOL Current Project 3312119548

I have been making jewellery with grandies and braiding hair Brookie currently has gone to bed with 26 fine braids to make her hair frizzie tomorrow d
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:03 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
finally a shed... are you having a shed party Current Project 3312119548
Back to top Go down
Karen H

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 9:02 am

a garden party? Current Project 3312119548
Back to top Go down
Wendy R

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:00 am

lol -

well now I have to empty a bigger shed into the very very small shed ....... lol but if I am good then I can have the bigger shed - that isn't very big ..... lol .......into a sewing shed ........ well a sewing storage place anyway. But it will take a bit to get it into shape - the roof leaks - and it's full of dust and dirt and it needs a new roof etc but .........
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 12:49 pm

I am impressed Wendy! Of course a garden shed counts! Now that would be a good idea for an applique or pieced block! Might make a good theme for the block lotto too!

I have to confess, I have been making a mess! Does that count? Laughing Well I have been trying to sort my stash of fabric scraps into some sort of order, but in the process I seem to have created chaos! There are bits of fabric all over the tables and I am yet to sort them into colours and sizes, but I am expecting visitors so will have to 'bundle it all up' together again and come back to it another day!
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:41 am

Very Happy me... I am busy making string blocks from scraps... have made 60 odd 6 1/2 inch blocks so far and I think I need another 50 odd.... I have half the quilt put together but its not big enough... you know me has to be hanging down the side of the bed to be of use Wink
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:08 pm

What sort of string blocks are you making Tarnyia?

I like making all sorts of blocks but tend to lean towards those with a 'twist' like all straight piecing but the secondary pattern gives the optical illusion of curves or 3 dimension qualities.
Back to top Go down
Karen H

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am doing this later today. Smile
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 1:44 pm

"recently the towel that my husband has been using since college (!) sustained some injuries that made it unusable:"

Sorry Karen for laughing so hard but I was soooo expecting to see a pair of scissors "inflicting the injuries" to the towel after reading the opening post and before I saw the first picture!

lol!

The first recycled bath mat I made used an old towel and layers of an old sheet. I traced my little sister's feet and appliqued a pair on the top too! We have all left home years ago but Mum is still using that mat!

The best recycled bath mat I saw\have ever used was one my Aunt made from an old hessian bag as the foundation and backing and 3/4" x 6" strips torn or cut from old 100% cotton clothing and linen etc. The hessian was framed with a wide binding. The strips were folded in half and attached with a latch hook to give a deep pile. The more it was washed the better it looked and it was really absorbant.
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 1:45 pm

I like the inset binding treatment on the bath mat you are going to make today. Very clever.
Back to top Go down
Wendy R

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:48 pm

Strewth!!!!

With the whales that get out of the shower here I woukd never get them dry ........

You could swim around the whole bathroom actually ........ They get out pouring wet - and wander around dripping water everywhere ........ Maybe I will just get a bath mat big enought to cover the whole floor.....

Or turn the water off to the bathroom ......
Back to top Go down
Karen H

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 3:06 pm

I hope I get to do it......just hom from a birthday for a 5 yo.
I am tired, yawn...
LOL at Wendy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 3:50 pm

Wendy, we were raised on a farm with small water tanks, no town water for us and no showers back then unless we were in our swimm. Shared baths were what we had and we dried as much as possible while still standing in the tub! Showers were unheard of because they used so much water, except the kind we had in the back yard under the sprinklers from the dam in our togs.

(Laughing at the vision of whales in your bathroom!)

Sounds like a Nanny Nap is called for Karen? Bath mats can wait! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project Empty

Back to top Go down

Current Project
Page 1 of 19Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next