The Quilting & Patchwork Cottage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Current Project

Go down 
+13
Helen P
Dee B
Joey C
Annie M
Evelyn J
Wendy R
Jan S
Linda
Bobbie B
BB
Tarnyia S
Blondie
Karen H
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19
AuthorMessage
Bobbie B
Admin

Current Project - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 8:05 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 12:01 am

i also put a photo in the gallery of the quilt top i did ... i rather like it ....
Back to top Go down
Wendy R

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 11:54 am

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr now I don't know where you went ...........

Current Project - Page 19 4216003387
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 3:03 pm

wendy ... look here .... 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Wendy R

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 3:33 pm

No ................  I have one of those tops made and got no further ..............

I want to know where you went!!!!!! ???????????

What other thread ........... Current Project - Page 19 447780629 Current Project - Page 19 447780629 Current Project - Page 19 447780629 Current Project - Page 19 447780629 Current Project - Page 19 447780629 Current Project - Page 19 447780629
Back to top Go down
Wendy R

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 3:39 pm

AND ...............what am I making ?????

Well this year we went to the Festival of Scarves at the Geelong Wool Museum...........

Some of them were fantastic - wonderful spun and woven creations, printed silks and knitted etc  -

But I came home thinking - "I can do that " SO I planned my scarf and sat and waited for them to announce 2015's topic.  This year it was 'wicked and wild' or some such exciting topic.   Next years is Coast............ bloody hell - how boring.

I might have to make it "coast along"  ha ha ha ha ha
........... Anyway at the moment I am on the drawing board plotting ............. 

Current Project - Page 19 2261712005
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 6:00 pm

oh ... the thread i went to was just the chit chat one ... i think ... hang on ... i will go look ... 

yep ... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

just scroll down the page till you see the massive long ... (normal for me) post .. and the photo ... yes ... i was very norti and posted a photo in the thread ... 

hope no one dobs to the boss ...  lol!
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 4:51 pm

Nice and green Bobbie, Well done!
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 4:59 pm

Wendy - you are so creative I know you can take a boring subject and run with it. 
Think outside the sand, surf and sunshine........... 
What about 'Coast-a-Rica'? ha ha
That could be very colourful, trendy and way out in style and design?
You could 'drift' right into that I reckon?
Areebaa!!! even!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 11:57 am

the gallery is sporting a pic of my lastest batch of blocks that i have made .. these are to go into a top of circles ... using nothing but a honey bun and a layer cake .... haha ... sounds delish don't it ... 

this is where you will find it in real life ..... 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 10:34 pm

well i picked up our little Harrison's quilt again today ... such a bad Grandma i am ... here it is 4 months past his birth and i still have not finished his quilt ... 

and with another babe coming in February i figure i really should do something about it ... 

so it is almost finished being quilted ... just very plain and basic cross hatching and in the ditch stuff ... anyone who knows me knows that i am not very adventurous when it comes to the quilting side of making a quilt ... but ... it will look ok though ... 

then when it is done and in the mail i will start on Great grand-daughter #1's quilt ... 

pink .. pink and more pink i think ... 

oh .. and i went to Spotlight on Thursday too ... (had a pre-op appointment at the private hospital in Kawana and it is only 2 minutes up the road from Spottie ... so i went in there and picked up the cream on cream that i wanted for the 'honey bun' blocks i have been working on ... 

so that is another thing i can play with in between 'bored spots' during the baby quilt and another one i am wanting to get done ... 

so ... currently i am working on ... 3 quilts ... and Harrison's .... wonder if i will get them all done before i shut down this site ... would be good if i could ... 

stay posted for photos .... all 3 of you ... haha ...
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 11:56 am

well ... i have finished that little quilt for that little man .... and i am really happy with it ... now just have to wash it and pack it up and mail it off ... 

that is the part i hate .... putting it in the mail ... especially at this time of year ... never know if it will get there or not ... 

will do my best to register it ... although i think Aussie Post no longer registers stuff ... they just receipt it and it has to be signed for at the other end ... proof of delivery or some such thing ... it may be cheaper but who knows how you go about making a claim if it does not arrive ... anyway it is the only way i am going to get this to him so ... will just hope for the best ... 

photos in the gallery if there is anyone still here that is interested in looking ...  Current Project - Page 19 2890962141
Back to top Go down
Annie M

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 2:33 am

Oh Bobbie,, it is sooooo darn cuteeeee... He will be so cozy bundled up in it.

Cheers A
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 3:44 am

thanks Annie .... and how lovely to see you here ... 

of course i see you very often on FaceBook .... but the two places are somewhat different ... haha ...
Back to top Go down
Annie M

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 4:28 am

they are,, I have been busy with Jim quite a bit,, with him home for 3 months after his surgery,, alot of the time it could be him on FB too,, he goes on my fb page and plays around on there.
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 1:22 am

I have posted a couple of pics in the gallery ... one of a bag i made .. i will possibly give it to Nik and Ricky for PollyAnna ... it may be useful for nappies and bits and bobs ... oh and this is not the baby's name ... it is just something i am calling her until the parents find a name for her ... and i kind of like it .. it is certainly growing on me ... and ... if her dad knew i was calling her this he would possibly disown me ... lol ... 

but ... i no care ... 

and there is also a pic of the quilt i will be making for her ... final decision and fabric is ordered ... i have the scrappy bits and the windows .. and the door and roof ... just waiting for the walls and sky to arrive ... then it is on with the show ... 

i am feeling better these past few weeks than i have in probably years ... funny how you don't realise just how 'off' you really are until you start to feel better ... and since the last hospital stay in Sept .. i am just getting better and better ... and much stronger than i have been in .. i don't know how long ... just feeling oh so much better ...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 2:28 pm

Have been to look and made comments there. Very bright but I do love the bag and adore the quilt design too! Will you be adding any 3-D elements to it too?
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 2:34 pm

no i don't think i am capable of 3D thingy's Evelyn .... but will look at it as I go along .. now that you have planted that seed in my head .. haha ... 

oh and baby Polly Anna has a name ... Ricky and Nikeia came up for a few days ... they are at mum and dad's till Jan 2nd ... so i have had a chance to talk about the baby ... colours .. likes and dislikes .. and .. would seem this quilt i have chosen is so totally way off track .. but .. the fabric is cut and it is going to be the one they get ... nan loves it and so do i .. so that is just what they will be getting for ... Carly Jean ... such a big girls name ... but much better than .. sunday rose or apple ... haha .. just thankful it is a 'normal' name as mummy calls it .. lol
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 8:08 pm

Sweet name. I like it too!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 11:14 am

I made a 'taggie' for Harrison ... a photo of it is in the gallery ... 

it is very cute ... 

and apparently ... these things are very popular ... albeit rather dirty little things ... as babes like to suck and chew on the tags of just about anything ... mums top ... face washers ... blankets ... toys ... just about anything with a tag they tell me ... so .. these are made to prevent baby from chewing and sucking any old thing ... stops them putting any unclean thing in their mouth ... 

ummmm ... i am just not sure how that is correct .. as this would be a massive bacteria breeding ground ... but .. who am i to deny my great grandson his first bout of salmonella ...  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 2:37 pm

i was in a block swap ages ago ... and received a heap of 'card trick' blocks ... and yesterday i pulled them out ... i had 10 ... so i made another 2 and now am looking for a fabric to do the sashing in ... 

the background on all but 2 of the blocks is white .... the odd 2 out have been done in cream and in beige .. but i am thinking of just putting those 2 in the bottom corners and just using white tone on tone ... just a 1.5 or 2 inch sashing ... and then a peeper of sorts and more white for the border .... but that i am not sure about yet .... will see when it is sashed ..... one of the colours may pop enough to use it ... 

will have to wait and see ... 

also working on a cushion cover for the daughters birthday ....
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 10:30 pm

At least one of us is being productive - as opposed to me who is NOT (and should be)!
Bobbie I audition fabric for sashing by laying the blocks over it to see what it looks like.
Then I take a photo and change the sashing fabric to the next one I think I might like to use.
Then I compare the photos to see which I like the look of best.
Off to the gallery to see if you might have added a photo there of the blocks????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Current Project
Page 19 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19