The Quilting & Patchwork Cottage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Current Project

Go down 
+13
Helen P
Dee B
Joey C
Annie M
Evelyn J
Wendy R
Jan S
Linda
Bobbie B
BB
Tarnyia S
Blondie
Karen H
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Evelyn J

Current Project - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySun May 20, 2012 3:51 pm

I think you have a valid point there Wendy regarding the 1/4" at the start and end of the run. Lots tend to pull it away from the guide they are using and, well.... wonder why not all 1/4" seams are created equal?

I have not ventured down the Accuquilt road, but hear it is very fast. I do have a small machine similar for paper craft though that I am wonder if I can use for fabric too? Question

How is the studio coming Wendy? Finished or almost finished?

I am off back into the sewing room again now to re-arrange furniture and sort some fabrics and books into a new cupboard.
Back to top Go down
Wendy R

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySun May 20, 2012 4:00 pm

I will try and take pics of my new sheds during the week.

I lerrrrrrve my Accuquilt - speedy it is ....... I think a thing called a cricut (sp?) can be used too ...... I would try it Evelyn and see what happens. I use mine mainly for strips and squares.
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySun May 20, 2012 7:16 pm

apparently most folk call them .... leaders and enders ... my mistake ... but whatever they are called they certainly sew up fast ... i used to just use a scrap of fabric at the start and then another at the end when i was sewing ... no matter what it was .. they always helped with that little tangle thing that sometimes happens ...

.. then i saw someone doing it with squares and also half square triangles ... i did try the triangles but they are really fiddly .. so i just went to the 2 1/2 inch squares ...

sew 2 of them together ... a light and a dark ... then when you have a few of them done ... like about 300 ... you start putting them together making a 4 patch block - 4 1/2 inch square ...

then when you have about 140 of them done ...( i have extras cos i know some of the colours just wont work next to each other )... then you add a 4 1/2 inch charm square to each 4 patch ..

these then get made into a 8 inch finished block .... i did a light and a dark charm square for each 8 inch block ..

then when you have 70 of these 8 inch blocks made .. you put them together in 10 rows of 7 blocks ... put a 2 inch border on it ... and you have a quilt top that measures 60 x 84 inches ... which is a nice size single bed quilt .. made entirely as bits of scrap at the beginning and end of a row of stitching ... soooooooooooo easy .. and i love easy ........

Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySun May 20, 2012 7:22 pm

looking forward to seeing photos of your shedio .. wendy ...
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:27 pm

I have just posted a photo in the gallery ... it is a small lap quilt (top) that i ran up today for my little sis ... she asked me for it 2 years ago ... and i have now done the biggest part of it ... i will be using polar fleece as wadding in this one .. that way i will not have to do a lot of quilting on it .. and it will be easy enough for her to look after ...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:59 pm

Wendy, I would have to have the squares/rectangles etc dies to cut the fabric into and at this time I only have some flowers etc, nothing patchwork orientated unfortunately to give it a go. I am most happy to continue using my machine for paper craft and the rotary cutter for patchwork cutting. However, I might change my mind if I see a demonstration at the quilt fair?

OK, just going to check out the galler Bobbie. Will leave a comment there as I am off to bed! It has been a long day of re-arranging furniture and packing away the stash and ......... it isn't finished yet! haha:sleep:
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:09 am

Yep, I'm back, but only cause I saw Bobbie was here, but now I can't find her???

Oh well, see you all tomorrow I guess? night all
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 1:07 am

you are up late miss evelyn .... and you made it past midnight without turning into a pumpkin ... well done ...

wish i could .... that is why i am always so late getting to bed .... do you know how hard it is for a pumpkin to put jammies on .... it really is a bugger trying to put them pants on without legs ....

rolling off to bed now ...night all
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 5:20 pm

Night all??? You meant "Morning all" surely at that hour? ha ha I didn't mean to be here so late Bobbie, it just happened! I still had to get up at the same time this morning too cause I have been in town all day!

And YES......... I did accidentally buy some fabric, but only a small remnant for myself. Fleece isn't classed as fabric is it? Cause I also purchased 2 squares of fleece to make a tied blanket with, well actually, I am hoping this will be the granddaughter's project to keep her occupied one Tuesday during the school holidays?

I will not be going to bed after midnight tonight!!! NOT, Not, not!!! (Anyway, I hope not? ha ha)
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 6:42 pm

yeah .. since i have been 'driving' instructor for this lad .. i have been out of bed around 6 or 7 each morning ... hmmmm... late nights ... early mornings ... adds up to lots getting done ... i may have to keep it up ...

and fleece is not fabric .. it is fleece ... haha
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:47 pm

Fleece is not fabric, it's fleece! cheers night all............Sleep
Back to top Go down
Annie M

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:17 am

Good afternoon all you sleepers,,

I am here asking for your help. I want to make a runner for my bedroom dresser. My room is light blue, dark blue and white trim. I am trying to decide what pattern to use. Do I make something with scattered appliqued flowers on it or do I do a lot of 3 inch block in light blue dark blue and white. My dresser is 16 x 49 inches. Any ideas anyone. It needs to be something simple as I am not a person with lots of sewing patience. Oh yes, I also want to make something summery for my kitchen table too. Help, help.

Cheers Ann
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:14 am

Oh, that sounds lovely! Why not incorporate both? with all shades of blue, do it with chain piecing so it's fast, then add the flower appliques after. Hope you will put up pics when you are done.
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 8:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lots of ideas and patterns here.
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 11:15 am

hmmmm .. i am not sure ... i would probably go with applique ... but i don't have a lot of bits and pieces on my dresser and the applique would not be hidden away ... if you have stuff on your dresser than blocks may be better ...

i am off now to have a look at what patterns i have ... and will be back soon ...

how exciting ... something new for the bedroom ...
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 11:30 am

Am I motivated to do something? or clean the rest of the house? hmmm.....actually, I have a spotty voucher needs spending. Maybe a baby quilt for number 9 grandchild? neutral? raggy?
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 11:47 am

raggy is fun .... neutral is great ... i am sure anything you do Karen will be wonderful .... and now .. when is number 9 due .... ????????

Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 11:59 am

September 11th!
We have a great nephew due Monday too....and we get to be surrogate grandparents, as Grandma lives in Tassie Smile
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:07 pm

always lovely to have new babies arriving ...

all our kids are done ... so no more grandbabies for me ... but the possibility of great grandbabies is getting better as time goes by .. we have 3 over 18 now ... and more getting to that age where they become so active that they can't see the danger of babies happening .... so i hope with all my heart they have some sense to 'stay safe' ... until they grow up and know the reality in having babies ....

it goes so quickly from sleepless nights and dirty nappies .... to teenagers who think they know everything ..

Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi Ann,

I followed the link Karen gave above for the table runners and I vote #1: The Disappearing 9-Patch. It's quick and easy ..... But .............. I would change the size slightly, and the layout, and I'd strip piece it so you get the right size you need for your dresser. I put a pic in the gallery for you to see what I mean. If you want the pattern for it let me know. Maybe send me a personal message with your email address so I can send you the PDF?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:38 pm

As you will see, there is plenty of scope for adding scattered applique flowers, butterflies, hearts etc across the runner and a sprinkle of lemon would make the whole runner "sparkle".
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:53 pm

oh i did one like that only a little while ago ... DP9 .... and yes it is very easy ...

mine is in the gallery ... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

but mine only has 3 blocks ... but it works ...

Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 11:35 pm

Yes. That's the one Bobbie, except my diagram doesn't have the peepers like your runner does but they could easily be added too! And I still like those chairs!! haha
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySun May 27, 2012 2:13 pm

those chairs will be getting sold when we leave here .... along with my lovely table that i 'saved' when we were on Magnetic Island ...

gee... we will be selling everything that i have really ... cos all we need we have in the bus already ...

and peepers i find ... hide all those little points that aren't so pointy .. haha ... they are a great cover tool for all imperfections ....
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 EmptySun May 27, 2012 2:23 pm

scratch what are peepers???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Current Project
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next