The Quilting & Patchwork Cottage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Current Project

Go down 
+13
Helen P
Dee B
Joey C
Annie M
Evelyn J
Wendy R
Jan S
Linda
Bobbie B
BB
Tarnyia S
Blondie
Karen H
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Bobbie B
Admin

Current Project - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 8:56 pm

oh i have my own pile of ufo's ... and our brodie told me on the weekend what style quilt he would like for his 18th birthday ..... 
hmmm ... 18th ... still a couple of years away ... well that is what i was thinking ... but ... um ... no ... he is 17 this coming saturday ... so that gives me 12 months to make this one ... an aussie flag .... now that should be fairly easy .... 

oh ... but there are another 2 or is that 3 as well in the next 18 months .... oh bugger and bother ... i can't remember ... 

will just make them and send them on me thinks ...

Current Project - Page 17 3826986496  Current Project - Page 17 4049840659  Current Project - Page 17 2496382268  Current Project - Page 17 485438534
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 12:54 am

My aged Aunt and Uncle visited last week and she too has put in an order for a quilt. I suspect I will have to make 2 because then there will be no fighting over just 1?
 lol! 
It's not the lack of stash.......... it's the lack of time!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 2:28 am

the rows have taken on some type of life form today ... and the colours are really looking great together ... 

and at the same time the leader and ender blocks are growing too ... half the blocks are completely sewn together ... and the other half are all pinned and waiting their turn at the needle ... so happy with all the progress i am making with these ... 

and then ... this weekend .. i shall start on my Christmas in July gift for my partner ... very excited about this one too ... haha ...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 2:07 pm

I will be cutting willy-nilly this afternoon for a table topper that could be 'Christmassie' in colour.........
 Current Project - Page 17 3531325395
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 3:21 pm

i have not been real good these past few weeks .. and little Harrison's quilt came to a grinding halt along with everything else ... i still cannot sit for long periods but i am determined to have this quilt done before his 18th birthday .... i would really like it to be done when he is born but i am not going to kill myself over it .... but asap would be excellent ... 

i also have a Christmas in July gift to have finished too ... real soon ...

so ... what i am going to do now that i have my sewing tables clear of junk ... is sew each day for as long as i can sit ... go rest and then come back to it ... hopefully that way i will get at least some or maybe all of these things done before they are due ... 

wish me luck girls ...  Current Project - Page 17 4049840659
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 5:01 pm

Good luck Bobbie!
And have you tried standing to sew? Not joking, have a friend who does her sewing standing up. Machine is set higher of course. Might help you get what you need to get done?
 Current Project - Page 17 40661853
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 5:06 pm

i actually have more problems standing than sitting ... laying on one side is about the very best i can hope for

and we don't have a table here that would be suitable either ... but thanks for the suggestion ...  flower

i should be fine in a month or so ... hopefully ... i am going to push to do some walking and will be more militant with what goes in my mouth ... the weight is coming off .. just not fast enough ... but .. when does that EVER happen ... lol
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 5:09 pm

i have got the baby's quilt pieced together now ... peeper and borders hopefully tonight ... 

i also have made great progress on my Christmas in July piece ... i just have to push through ...  Current Project - Page 17 2496382268
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 5:14 pm

Current Project - Page 17 554827737   Current Project - Page 17 424776184 
Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 11:35 am

Hmmmmmm wonder if this is the right area to post this cause I have been making a big mess and now I have to stop having fun and (gulp) tidy it all up again!!!! Off to get the vacuum cleaner out I guess cause no one else will do it for me.......... where is that patchwork fairy when she is needed most???
 lol! 
What is everyone else working on these days....... anything?
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 11:52 am

so what did you create besides a mess ... must have something to show for having to get the vacuum out ...

have you been sewing / quilting ... ?????
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 12:06 pm

Current Project - Page 17 4049840659  Current Project - Page 17 133167051  Current Project - Page 17 3826986496  Current Project - Page 17 133167051  Current Project - Page 17 4049840659  Current Project - Page 17 133167051  Current Project - Page 17 133167051 

looks like a tornado has been through the craft room I am afraid, and still nothing finished to show for it!!! Very busy with real life and will have to come back with pictures later......... now where is the camera???
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 12:38 pm

yours could be the same place mine was .... buried under a pile of fabric ...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 1:26 pm

and paper.......... and junk................. yes............ probably!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 4:59 pm

Found the camera just where you said it would be Bobbie!
 Current Project - Page 17 4049840659  Current Project - Page 17 133167051  lol!  Current Project - Page 17 3512086836 

........... still no pictures here yet but hopefully soon.... ish?
I am on a dead-line and need to get my current project completed by Friday to travel.....  Rolling Eyes hope I get it completed AND manage to get some sleep in there somewhere too!!!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 4:47 pm

ok ... i checked out a tutorial on the 3D bowtie block that Robyn made my Christmas in July table runner with ... and ... i could not help myself i had to do one ... so i grabbed out some 5 1/2 inch charm squares out of one of my many tubs .. and whipped one up while watching the tutorial ... 

and it looks great ... and ... oh so easy to make too ... i may just have to make a quilt out of this block ... it was soooooo easy ... may do it with blues and reds ... or blacks and reds ... or .... purples and pinks ... or ... greens and creams .... not sure yet ... but it is certainly one of those .. must do ... quilts now ... 

have put a pic in the gallery of my quicky block .. now i have another orphan block ... oh my ...  cheers
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 12:34 am

Off to check it out........... then off to bed! Been on fire watch here and time to turn in cause all the chickens have come home to roost for the night. Hoping we don't have to go out on fire duty again tomorrow. 3 days in a row is enough. Wondering what happened to last night's doof party?? Not complaining mind you........... glad they are not creating a ruckus like they did all night last night. 
 Current Project - Page 17 347283988
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 1:27 am

ok .... my latest quilt top is finished ... 

this one i started over 2 years ago .... not sure if you remember me talking about my 'leader and ender' project ... well ... the top is done ... 

64 x 80 inches ... perfect size for a single bed ... but i think i am going to keep this one ... it is my first totally scrappy quilt and i just love it ... 

quilting may take me some time to do but at least the top is done ... yay .. now i can pull out another half / part done quilt top and finish it off ... 

one quilt top at a time ... that is what i am limiting myself to .... only one until it is finished then i can pull out another ... 

of course if i am having to make something for a grandie or a gift then that of course is acceptable to add that to the UFO on the table ... but only one UFO at a time .... 

check out the top in the gallery ...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 12:25 pm

Looks great Bobbie! Every patch creates a memory! 

Good policy too to finish one UFO at a time! Seems like I am creating one UFO at a time here and no finishes!!!
 Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 1:24 pm

i finished another thing yesterday ... a cushion cover ... will put a photo up in the gallery soon

and then last night i pulled out the next UFO on top of the pile ... it is a circular table topper ... for want of a better name ... cos i don't really know what i will do with it ... it will be about 4 foot wide .. so it is big enough for a topper ... 

anyway .. i pieced all the cut out bits last night ... and have half the circle done .. today i have to cut out the panel strips for the other half and piece it .. 

i will not be putting wadding or binding on this one .. just doing it right sides together and flip it right side out ... then finish off the centre ... it is the centre bit that concerns  me ... i am not real good on round bits .. haha ... then i will do a few 'quilting lines' on it to keep both top and backing together ... and that is it ..... hopefully it will be done by tonight ...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 1:37 pm

Bobbie, do the centre circle flipped out too (through a hole cut in the backing fabric) then simply edge stitch in place over the centre opening. Are we talking about a Dresden Plate design?
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 1:44 pm

no ... not the dresden plate .. but the circular topper ... there is a photo in the gallery of it half done ... 

but it would work on the same principle as a plate would ... the concept is the same ... hole in the middle ... blah blah ... 

thanks for your suggestion .. i will see how i go with it ... if i get stuck i will yell ... really really loud ...  affraid
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 2:29 pm

You will not get stuck.  Laughing 

Draw a circle the finished size you need on the back of lining fabric.
Cut out with a generous seam allowance all around.
Snip a hole in the centre of the lining fabric marked circle.
Pin lining fabric over top fabric, right sides together and sew on the marked circle.
Use pinking sheers to cut excess fabric from around the outside of the marked/sewn circle.
Or trim excess fabric back to 1/4" wide then snip all around outer edge almost up to sewing thread.
Turn to right sides out through the hole in the middle of the lining fabric and press.

A second way is to cut a piece of cardboard as big as the finished size circle needed.
Cut the circle fabric 1" bigger than the finished size circle needed.
Hand running stitch all around outside of circle.
Put cardboard circle into back centre of fabric circle and pull up gathering to fit cardboard.
Press well. Release gathering and remove cardboard then applique the circle over the hole.

I am in a go-slow mood today........ and I need to finish this coffee and get back into it or else!!!
Planning on pinning a quilt this evening ready to stipple.
Yes it is almost a UFO and not quite a current project, but it needs finishing before Spring!!! ha ha
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 2:35 pm

Been to look ...... Seminole wedges? Love it! Very effective design. Would look stunning in black, white and red!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 4:08 pm

thanks for the destructions ... i should be fine ... 

this would also look spectacular ... finished ... .... so i am going to get off the computer and go do that ... all the bits are now cut and i have sewn another 8 together .... so only 10 more than both sides together then ... backing ... yay .... may have it done tonight if i can find something to back it with ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Current Project
Page 17 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next