The Quilting & Patchwork Cottage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Current Project

Go down 
+13
Helen P
Dee B
Joey C
Annie M
Evelyn J
Wendy R
Jan S
Linda
Bobbie B
BB
Tarnyia S
Blondie
Karen H
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Evelyn J

Current Project - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 2:57 pm

Thanks Tarnyia for the update and I will visit your blog to catch up tomorrow after the grandies go home - no time today........ oops!!! looks like grandma is needed with a needle and thread - the teddy vest shoulder seam "just came undone all by itself" (I suspect with the help of 2 little friends hha ha) and I need to fix it. Be back tomorrow everyone.................
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 5:11 pm

teddie's do that ... rip their clothes off ... all the time ... its cos they like to be a little bear ... get it ... haha ... 

yes .. my brain is melting ... i too am outta here ... 

have fun in whatever it is you are doing today ladies ... marcos just put the aircon on in the bedroom ... byyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ..
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 10:58 am

Well ............. Teddy's vest is still to be mended (but he is not on the top of the to do list just yet). I got other grandma jobs to do on the way to the needle and thread! ha ha All the little munchkins have headed for home this morning and grandma is in 'recovery mode'. I know I had to do a tidy up - but now it is even more obvious that housework needs doing. Washing is out and more on the go as we speak............ time to put the kettle on now though I think.............. coffee anyone?

Enjoy the aircon Bobbie......... hopefully I will be able to too...... one day!!!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 11:27 am

today i am hoping to make a library bag for our little Chance ... he picked his fabric yesterday .. Cars ... and of course there isn't quite enough of it is there .. haha .. so i have to do a little pitchy-patchy stuff and make it go .... also got asked if i can put his name on it ... umm ... sure ... but there won't be another one like this ... but yeah ... ok ... one bag with a name coming up .... 

good thing this Nanni can do 'everything' cos she is just  Current Project - Page 14 554827737  

Current Project - Page 14 1569876678  Current Project - Page 14 1569876678
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 5:58 pm

awwwww........... that is soooo  Current Project - Page 14 554827737  lol!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 12:53 am

i put a photo of Chance's library bag in the gallery .. i also posted it on my family facebook ... and .. now i have 2 more to make for the grand-daughter and her little sister ... only one is in prep this year .. the other next year ... but Alicia said i should make one for Stephie so she doesn't get upset from not having one ... ... isn't that sweet ... 

so .. now i am making two more tomorrow ...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:13 pm

Current Project - Page 14 554827737  job Bobbie!! Here is the link for the next person to come along and look....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And today I have been sitting in an air-conditioned patchwork shop work room, surrounded by delicious fabrics and binding charity quilts. I got three done and dusted.
 Current Project - Page 14 3826986496 

There is a coffee shop that adjoins the patchwork shop and the smell is divine - of course I had to have one (or two) of those as well while I worked. 

Current Project - Page 14 3073177902  Current Project - Page 14 3073177902 

I even had tome to do a spot of shopping - no, not fabrics even though they have all the colours of the rainbow and more - I purchased some hexagon templates. Been thinking about doing a hexagon quilt now for some time but didn't have the templates and didn't want to make my own and.... well .... now I have no excuse do I, I will just have to make one!
 lol!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:36 pm

good for you Evelyn ... charity work is something i did enjoy doing while we were in toowoomba ... maybe i will find a little group in gympie when we get there ... mind you i won't be looking for anything for a bit ... have some serious catching up to do ... and i may have to find someone to do some quilting for me .... not sure if my hand is going to tolerate too much shoving and pushing ... but i will give it my best shot and see how i go ... 

i do have someone in mind tho who may just be able to help me out ... she does little jobs to help feed / pay for her quilting addiction ..haha ...

tonight i am cleaning cupboards ... absolutely ridiculous ... we have 7 days to go before i move stuff from the bus to the house ... and ... here i am ... cleaning and washing everything in the place ...

why ???

so glad you asked ... cos we have got bloody mice in here ... and they are pooping all over everything ... did the cutlery drawers and plastics and pots and pans cupboard over the past few nights ... and the stove and oven ... and what i have found out is .. they do not like eucalyptus oil ... i have been wiping the benches and sink and stove top with it for the past few nights ... and no poop anywhere there ... but the little mongrels have relocated into cupboards that have not been done .... but no sign of them in the ones i have cleaned ... which is good ... anyway... back to it i suppose .. so glad i don't have a huge amount of stuff anymore ... but what i do have is plenty enough to wash and dry and pack away ... 

now isn't this an exciting progress report ... will do some sewing tomorrow if i can get these finished tonight ...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 10:07 am

Hope you are having a successful time with the eradication process Bobbie. Mice are not nice! They are very persistent little boogers when it comes to moving into our homes and making them their own and they don't play fair either, having no regard for anything that we value. I do hope your precious little fabric stash is in a safe place???
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 11:28 am

fabric is not safe enough apparently ... the mice are in the trailer as well ... i have no idea how they get in ... there are no holes anywhere ... and yet they manage .. it amazes me ... 

and what is more amazing is that it is summer ... normally this is winter behavior ... i can not for the life of me ever remember having a mouse in the house in summer .. we are having almost plague proportions here ..... God help them in winter if this is what it is like now ... the rotten rodents will be devouring the occupants come winter .....  

Current Project - Page 14 2056782734 

Bingo does do her bit .... she is a good little hunter and gatherer .... but i am glad she is not like one of those feline animals ... she omits the part of bringing them in to show you ... she just catches and kills them ..... she is a good dog ...  Current Project - Page 14 2890962141
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Current Project - Page 14 692134046 
No!! They got into the stash too? Little blighters!!! You will have to go through everything before you leave so you don't transport them to the new place when you go!!!! Good doggie Bingo, good doggie!
 Current Project - Page 14 2890962141
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 8:20 pm

Hello All, I have been busy working on a quick and easy Cottage Mystery just in time for Valentines Day. If anyone is interested you can read all about it here..........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 11:44 am

Very Happy  My very big Depression Block quilt is back from the quilters... binding on and on the bed... photo in the gallery
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 1:03 pm

i saw it on your blog T ... what a beauty it is ... i love it .... 

thanks so much for sharing it ... you certainly do some gorgeous quilts ...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 7:42 pm

I love it Tarnyia!!! Lucky girl you!!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:16 pm

I am starting a baby quilt for my daughter soon ... no there are no more grandies due ... well apart from the great grandie in august .. 

this quilt will be for one of her friends .... and i am getting paid to do it ... ........... not sure how much to charge her ... will depend on how it turns out ... if it is a mess she can have it for free ... she just won't be allowed to tell anyone who made it .. lol
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 4:30 pm

Have confidence in yourself Bobbie - of course it will NOT be a mess!!
Just believe in yourself and envision those dollars to go towards your quilting addiction!

Do you know what pattern you will be doing yet or are you still searching?
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 5:13 pm

no i am waiting for Megan to tell me what she wants .. and i don't think the construction will be a problem .. i just am not at all confident with the actual quilting bit ... 

plain and simple is fine .. but to do anything more than in the ditch or stippling .. and i am totally in the toilet .. haha .. 

and the $$ will go to batting me thinks so that i can get some of these UFO's finished ..
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 6:17 pm

$$$ ........ that is a great idea, spotted place has a magic sale on for that right now! 

Some of my girls love doing all over diamonds across their quilts. Quickly marked up with a ruler and masking tape to follow along. No lines to wash out when finished. Reuse the same masking tape for both directions of the diamonds. Can be as close or far apart as you like, depending on the wadding used of course.
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 9:00 pm

flower  Lorna your quilt is gorgeous and all the extra accessories too
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 10:04 am

Very Happy  New project photo posted in the gallery
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 3:01 pm

Love the split rail quilt and pillows/cushions Lorna! Well done!
Back to top Go down
Wendy R

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 4:32 pm

Ha ha ha ha EVELYN .............

I have posted a pic of my tea bags .......... It is all done by hand.   Took hours to sew it all.

I posted Val a pic some time ago but since then I have added a couple more 'patches'  if you can see them.

I will continue to add little patches when I find things ..........
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:44 pm

I have been to the gallery and it looks very intriguing Wendy. 

Can you tell me more please?

What fabric you are using?
Are you tea-dying it? 
What sort of embellishments are you collecting to sew on?
Does it have a theme or are they vintage finds?
Are you making a full size quilt out of this or is it a wall hanging?

I really am interested Wendy and love what you have done already!
Back to top Go down
Wendy R

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 8:05 pm

Ha ha ha Evelyn,

Will try and answer.........

It is all made from dried teabags, sewn together one by one to make the 'fabric'   That is it.

I am adding small patches of anything that takes my fancy that is basically the same colour as the tea bags so the more you look the more you see.   This last week I added a leaf and a dangle of 4 gold silk rods.   Some are beads or buttons and one is sequins dangling together.  Because of the colour they are hard to photograph.

It is a wall hanging because really it is just paper and it is 6 foot by 2 feet.

I now have eough teabags to make something else that is running around my head ............. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Current Project
Page 14 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next