The Quilting & Patchwork Cottage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Current Project

Go down 
+13
Helen P
Dee B
Joey C
Annie M
Evelyn J
Wendy R
Jan S
Linda
Bobbie B
BB
Tarnyia S
Blondie
Karen H
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Bobbie B
Admin

Current Project - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 3:46 am

yes ... rsi and apparently carpal tunnel syndrome as well from what the scan revealed .. it will be an operation ... when is anyone's guess due to the current situation with the public hospitals ... the toowoomba hospital also has a clinic where you can go and see a private doctor and have your op done for free at the hospital ... you just pay for the visit to the surgeons clinic ... which could be as much as $500 (well that was the price 7 years ago)... and marcos said if i have to wait too long we will find the $$ and get me in that way ... i am hoping that i don't have to wait 'many' years ... 2 will be about all i reckon i can handle ... hopefully ... 

the only thing with the sewing side of things that really cause me pain is the cutting using the rulers and blade ... pushing down on the ruler does cause much discomfort ... and if i try quilting for too long things really start to ache and that stops me ... i am able to do hand sewing still .. so that is ok ... 

oh ... and this is me not posting any more tonight ... i am just reading stuff ... haha ...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 12:37 am

That is not good Bobbie. OUCH!Current Project - Page 13 3593292930
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:51 am

flower  working on Jensen's quilt... 20 mins here and hour there slowly getting it done... pic in the gallery of what I have done so far
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:49 am

thanks Evelyn ... 

and i am off to look at Jensen's quilt ... reckon it is an eye popper .... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:50 am

yep ... it is going to be a beauty .... well done hun ...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 8:49 pm

It is going to be lovely Tarnyia, Well done!!! He will love it!!!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 1:38 am

i have been working on a couple of swaps for another site ... christmas sack things .... one is a table runner which has turned out quite lovely and very christmasie ... a placemat for my partner ... i have actually done 2 .... one christmasie one ... and the other not ... and now i am just not sure which to send her .. i am also working on a crochet dish cloth ... i have a couple that i made years ago and they are just great .. i love them and they really are very good to use ... so i will get this one finished for her ... 

also still working on the ring cushion ... working on it but not really getting too far with it .... need a little inspiration me thinks ... like a wedding coming up real fast ... haha ... you think that would work wouldn't ya ... haha ... but it doesn't seem to be ... lol ...
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 8:43 am

flower  Thanks girls
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 11:45 am

T ..............Current Project - Page 13 3593292930
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 1:48 pm

Woo Hoo!!!
Yesterday I began cutting and sewing a fairy panel lap quilt!!
Although I didn't get too far, I still managed to make a start and that is what counts - right?

I still need to make another Christmas stocking for the last granddaughter.

I also have to make 3 new Christmas dresses:
The eldest insists on wearing hers 365 days of the year and it is very faded, but has been well loved.
The next one down still has a lovely bright green well loved dress - but she has grown much taller.
The last will be celebrating her first Christmas and must have a new dress like the other two!

What is everyone else up to sewing wise these days?

I should get off here now and get back to the sewing room............. right?
Current Project - Page 13 3826986496
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 6:08 am

i have been doing some things for a secret santa elsewhere online ... table runner .. place mat ... odds and sods ... will put a photo up soon to show you all my umm creations ... they are sort of ok ... oh .. and i also made a couple of bags too ... one out of some fabric that linda sent me years ago ... with froggie doctor and nurses on ... when i was sick ... haha .. very cute .... well i made a little carry bag to take to hospital last time i went ... the bag worked well and was a hit too .... the nurses all wanted it ... cos i told them to stand in line haha ... 

i also made a nice sized tote to send to my SS partner ... browns .. oranges .. it looks great .... i will put a pic of it in the gallery after i post here ... i am very impressed with it ... it was the first bag i have made for someone else ... the handles i cheated on a little ... i use about a one inch tape for them ... and then ran a strip of fabric the length of the handles to dress them up a little ... i find the handles on my bags fall apart very fast ... the fabric is just up to the constant bashing it gets for being handled everyday ... or maybe i am just plain out and out hard on them .... whichever ... i know that the handle on the bag for my partner will possibly outlast the bag itself .... haha ... 

oh and i have also been making and finishing off potmitts for my bonbon partner .... wonder who she is .... LoL ..... she only gets one but i have had to finish a few and will pick the best from them .... 

my left hand and arm have been very norti of late and will not allow me to sew for very long ... so it is just as well i don't have much to do .... i will be making a cot quilt soon for my daughters friend ... but i may have to get a friend to quilt it for me ... the pushing and shoving even of a small cot quilt will mess my left arm up real bad again ... and .... honestly .. and i say this without any jest whatsoever .... quilting is not worth the pain i am going through at the present with this arm ... i just may have to give it away if this continues ... as i type this my fingers ... both hands are getting pins and needles in them ... and that would be fine if i was in need of more pins or needles ... but i have ample of them ... but i do seem to have some serious nerve damage happening in my shoulders at the present time ... and not being able to hold my chocolate timtam or my glass of alcoholic beverage is NOT GOOD my friends ... 

Current Project - Page 13 3681966919          Current Project - Page 13 1294853530
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 1:20 pm

I am currently making a sandwich, no, not a quilt sandwich!! ha ha I am having a very late lunch!
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 8:45 pm

Oh you girls are all so busy, I have finished my Bon Bon and that is the best I can do for now.  Bobbie your hand sounds painful, poor girl.  Just going to look at T's quilt.
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 8:25 pm

Linda your bon bon fabric is beautiful!!! Well done!!
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 10:02 pm

I am making 2 elves, might be up til midnight but they are 2 days late, woops!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 11:25 pm

i have finished all my things for all my swaps ... thank heaven ... 

the hand sewing was as i thought it would be ... slow and arduous ... the machine sewing will not be happening again until i get a better set up for it here in the bus ... the last bout is what has hurt my arm .. sitting too low at the table .. and having to hold my elbows too high while sewing ... it has done a massive amount of damage ... mainly to my right shoulder ... and the pain goes right down the arm ... nerve damage too .. my hand has almost constant pins and needles now ... and the elbow throbs and has shooting pains ... am rather annoyed with myself cos i felt it happening and still continued to sew while it was getting worse ... 
and now my sleep is being interrupted by this rotten pain .. and apparently i wake the old man in my bed on and off thru the night too .... funny but i used to sleep with a young fella who was sweet and didn't mind being woken thru the night ... this old man is just grumpy when it happens these days ... lol ... 

no ... not really .. he did the dishes and cleaned up after dinner tonight so that i could rest a bit ... he really is sweet ... ....but my arm ... now it i could cheerfully have it removed by a mad man welding an axe ... and i don't think i would mind ... well not right away anyhow ... 

but i am glad all my sewing commitments are done till March ... i have a baby quilt to do between now and then .. but may end up getting a friend of mine near toowoomba to quilt it for me if it turns out too much work ... i am just hoping by that time my arm will have mended a little and stopped hurting a lot ... 

i will put some pics up in the gallery of the things i made .. if i can find them in the computer ...
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 12:44 am

ok .. now i made a little bird pincushion for my latest swap ... and this is where i got the pattern for it ... 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

these girls are into making all sorts of things .. if you have the time to sit and do nothing for a couple of days... and have heaps of download on your internet ... give them a look ... they do all sorts of things ... all crafty stuff .... and each year they start their new season with ... a new pincushion .... must go and see what the last one was .... 

lots and lots of cute and quick ideas too ....
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 11:39 am

Oh dear......... a link I want to check out and ............ almost zero download left! Maybe in a few days time, but even then I will be very busy - so maybe after Christmas? But I will be checking it out! bounce
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 4:18 pm

Update..............

I managed to make the little girls Christmas dresses and got two of them into the post with a wish and a prayer that Aust Post would deliver them on time before Christmas day........... great news they got there on Monday!!! I delivered the third one last weekend, and to my knowledge, she is still wearing it!!! Probably be worn out by Wednesday! ha ha I am hoping both mummies will take pictures for me. I do have a photo which I will add to the gallery after Christmas. No time to be doing it today sorry.

As for the stocking - Mummy decided she would make one so Grandma didn't have to (thank you Mummy xoxo) and I have made no further progress on the fairy panel quilt to date, but it is top of the long list of quilts to be finished in 2014.... which I think should be called 'The Year of the Quilts' for me.

Currently I am making potato salad (yum!) and then I only have the trifle left to put together and I am ready for Christmas!! 

On that note.......... I would like to wish all members here a very Merry Christmas and if anyone is travelling over the holiday break to be with family or friends - travel save!
 Current Project - Page 13 3117653195  Current Project - Page 13 2028529508
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 1:23 pm

flower  Just put a photo in the gallery of a quilt top I finished before christmas... it is called' Depression Block" and can be found n Quilters Cache.
I am mailing it off today to a quilter as it is far to big for me to tackle n my machine.
Quite happy with it
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 6:25 pm

Current Project - Page 13 554827737 

It's lovely Tarnyia. Very colourful!! You have been a busy girl. Now that you have mailed off the quilt to be finished.......... that gives you more time to make more quilts!!! Good plan I reckon!!!
 Current Project - Page 13 2056782734 

Here is a quick link everyone...................

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 10:52 pm

flower  Hi Girls
I just posted a photo in the gallery of my ''Orange and Grey Lotto Block" winnings... I did sew the top before we left the station and had it all pinned but........... with the move and sick MIL and Grandie I have finally finished quilting and binding it over the last two days...
I have a box full of Lotto Blocks that I will hopefully be turning into various projects. 
Thanks to those girls that made blocks  I love you
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 11:33 pm

That looks great Tarnyia. I didn't think I would like that colour combination but guess what... I do!!!
Puts me to shame........... my winnings are still waiting to be assembled........ one day.. ha ha

I have been wondering too how the MIL and grandie were going now?
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 12:04 am

Hi Evelyn
Thank you. I have posted photos on my blog of the little man. He has just started to really come into his own. MIL has realized the last two weeks that she needs to stop being lazy and do the exercises. She wants to hold the little man but she has no strength and is very frail but now she is going for short walks and getting her own mail. Hubby did have words with her that we don't trust her to hold him..... I think it did good
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 12:12 pm

lovely quilt T ... had a look on your blog .. love the colours ... and the little man is really getting to be a big boy ... soooo gorgeous too ... must take after you ... 

and good on hubby for talking to his mum .. sometimes things just have to be said and if it helps and she does something about it then it is all worth it in the end ... i don't know what i would if i couldn't pick up the kids ... i would be shattered at the very least ... and reckon i would move heaven and earth to fix me so i could ... 

good on her ... hope she gets there quickly ... big hugs for her ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Current Project
Page 13 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next