The Quilting & Patchwork Cottage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!

Go down 
+9
Joey C
Val D
Michele
Robyn R
Jan S
Helen P
jendickson8
Evelyn J
Bobbie B
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Tarnyia S
Admin

Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 7:58 am

Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 40661853  sounds lovely Joey... did you receive my parcel? it was late in going to you.
Back to top Go down
Joey C

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 2:16 am

Thanks Tarnyia,

Love the fabric!  It arrived this week.

Hugs,

Joey
Back to top Go down
Annie M

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 5:51 am

Hello Joey,

Have you received mine to you yet? I have sent it but cannot remember just when I sent it. Maybe a couple of weeks ago.

Cheers Ann
Back to top Go down
Annie M

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 5:53 am

woo hoo Bobbie,

Thank you very much,,, the very pretty fq arrived this morning. I love it.

Cheers Ann:bounce: bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 9:59 am

flower  wonderful Joey... thank you and so happy you liked the fabric xxx
Back to top Go down
Joey C

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 10:31 pm

Annie,

I received such lovely fabric this year and I used some of it to make a cover for my sewing machine.
I even put all the envelopes together so I could remember to thank every one and somebody decided they could throw it away seeing that there is nothing in it anymore.  Now I can't remember who sent what, silly me. 

But I will post photos of the front and back, maybe I did use yours.  Thanks anyway for sending me a fat quarter.

Regards,

Joey
Back to top Go down
Joey C

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Hi ladies,

I posted two photos of my machine cover made with some of my birthday fat quarters and some of my own fabric.  Hope you like it, maybe someone will recognise their fabric?

Photos in the gallery - Arts & Crafts - Show off.

Hugs,

Joey
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 12:42 am

Joey ... your sewing machine cover is gorgeous .. is that one of your patterns ... i would love it if it is ... can you tell me how to get it ... thanks hun ... it really is very lovely ... well done .. my favorite colours too ... haha ...
Back to top Go down
Jan S

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 6:58 am

Hi Joey,
What a lot of detail you put into your sewing machine cover. It is just beautiful. I can see the fabric I sent for your birthday - so pleased it fitted so well with the others and that it is part of a lovely project so far away.
Happy stitching,
Jan
Back to top Go down
Joey C

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 5:05 pm

Hi Bobby,

Glad you like the machine cover, sorry I do not have a pattern for this one.  Got caught up in the moment, packed out the material, measured my machine and started cutting.  The cream fabric with the vines/stripes did the trick for me.  That's where it all started . . . I made the scallop on the front with it. 

I measured the height and width plus the length from front to back and cut a piece of batting plus two for the sides.  I cut the sides a bit round at the top.  Next thing I made the 4 patch blocks and added the strips to fill up the space.  I quilted the top, made the inside separately and attached it when I added the binding.  I did not quilt the sides, did not think it was necessary.  

Hope that gives you an idea of what to do, just depends on the size of your machine.  Maybe you can have that as a project.  Don't mind you using my idea.

Hugs,

Joey
Back to top Go down
Joey C

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 5:07 pm

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the compliment.  I'm happy you liked it. 

Hugs,

Joey
Back to top Go down
Jan S

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:49 am

My fat quarter from Linda arrive quite a while ago. Robyn's parcel arrived yesterday, and that was the perfect timing to open Linda's.
Thank you both for the lovely cards and wishes, and the beautiful fabrics.
Jan
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:49 am

Mine will go in the mail real soon Jan ... and hopefully it will be there on time for your birthday ... possibly be the only one i get on time this year .... lol
Back to top Go down
Jan S

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi Anne,
Your card and fabric arrived today - only 11 days from Canada.
My birthday seemed so far away - near the end of the year - and suddenly it's almost here. It feels so good getting these squishy envelopes in the mail. I am planning to use the black and whites in these blocks - please check out the gallery.

Thank you so much Anne,
Jan
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 1:18 pm

Jan I love your blocks in the FQ swap gallery!
So simple and yet very stunning!!
Great job!

You should have my parcel Monday or Tuesday I reckon as it 'wings' its way South to you!
Back to top Go down
Jan S

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 5:09 pm

Dear Evelyn,
Your card and fabric, and cat print extra arrived today. The fabric will be great in my planned quilt, and I might have to use the other piece in a project for one of my granddaughters - cat lady.
Thank you so much,
Happy Stitching,
Jan
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi Jan
I hope you had a lovely birthday yesterday and there was lots of CAKE!
I am so glad my parcel arrived safely and right on time too by the looks of it!!
Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 1370837069 Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 3002630114 Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 1609286422 

I do love the butterflies fabric, and I too have been collecting black and white prints for my own quilt.
It will be a one day project I think, every time I think I have enough fabrics, I find another one I love!

As for the cat print - it is a quilt label but could be used as part of the quilt top too!
Your granddaughter will love it and the witches hat!
Happy Stitching to you too!
Evelyn
Back to top Go down
Jan S

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 6:28 am

Dear Helen and Bobbie,

Your lovely birthday cards and gorgeous fabrics have arrived. Aren't birthdays fun!!

Thank you so much for these gifts,
Photo in the gallery soon,
Jan

Evelyn, I have some beautiful flowers and received lots of phone calls and cards, not too much cake though - I am trying to be good.
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 11:14 am

Dear Jan (insert rolled eyes here) I am never good about Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 3900855282 especially when it is someone else's birthday simply because I wouldn't want to disappoint the birthday girl/boy! (well that is my excuse and I am sticking to it - just like the cake sticks to me!! ha ha) 

And on that note - I am off to top a sponge with whipped cream and strawberries for the OH when he gets home cause just by sheer coincidence mind you - it is his birthday today!! woo hoo!!   CAKE anyone?
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:31 pm

Happy Birthday Mr EJ ... (won't go so far as to call him Mr 'Evelyn J' .. i think that is just a wee bit girly ... but Mr EJ sounds fine ...

hope you had a great day mate ...

and here is a little cake from me to you .. Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 2997873871 

Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 4216003387 opps sorry ... went a little silly and ate it all myself ... haha ... looks like you will just have to be satisfied with the Mrs' cake ... bet it was a beauty ... oh .. ok .. and you can have a hug too .... Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 3593292930
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 3:20 pm

Oh dear - look what happens when I don't get back in here for a couple of days - Bobbie is handing out cake, then taking it back and issuing hugs instead!!! Don't get me wrong - that is a good thing - no calories in hugs right?
lol!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:25 pm

oh i give out big fat squishy hugs apparently .. or so my niece tells me ... and i also share a bit of sugar too ... which my other nephew's don't apparently like at all ... they both said YUK !!! ... so i kissed them again .. heeeheee ... 

so i ain't so sure if my hugs have no calories ... some would disagree ... haha
Back to top Go down
Jan S

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 11:43 am

Dear Val,

A lovely parcel arrived in today's mail. Very smart b + w fabric, notes/tags with an Egyptian theme, and a Christmas card as well as a Birthday card full of good wishes.

Thank you so much Val,
Jan
Back to top Go down
Jan S

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 3:59 pm

Dear Lorna,

Your lovely squishy envelope came today.
Two beautiful fabrics - zebra stripes and black stars on white.
Thank you so much for the gift, the card and your good wishes.

Happy stitching,
Jan
Back to top Go down
Jan S

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 11:40 am

Dear Tarnyia,

Your envelope arrived today, Sunday, extra deliveries for Christmas.
Thank you for the lovely birthday and Christmas wishes, and thank you again for the beautiful b and w fat quarters. I love the patterns.

Merry Christmas to everyone at the Quilting and Patchwork Cottage,
Happy stitching,
Jan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!   Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fat Quarter Received ... woohoo!!!!!
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next