The Quilting & Patchwork Cottage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

May 2013 .... Pot Mit's x 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bobbie B
Admin

May 2013 .... Pot Mit's x 2 Empty
PostSubject: May 2013 .... Pot Mit's x 2   May 2013 .... Pot Mit's x 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 12:24 pm

ok ... so there we have it ... first cab off the rank ... and our first monthly project just to get us warmed up ... will be Pot Mit's x 2 ...

now you can do them any way you like ... they can be appliqued ... pieced .. paper pieced ... if you are into crochet or knitting more than quilting .. then you could do them with yarn ... this is your project .. your choice ... remember .. there are no rules .. well maybe one ... you have to make what the rest of us are making for the month ... which is ... pot mit's ...

and ... you don't have to stop at 2 ... you can stop at 10 if you rather ... or 1 if that is what you can manage ... I only said 2 cos I like to have a matching set ... one for each handle ....

so ... let's see how we go with this lot shall we ... the main aim of this is to get us doing something each month ... even if it is only a wee small thing ... at least we are doing something to use up that pathetic little bundle of fabric in the back room ... yes i know .. it is soooo tiny you have to move stuff to find it ... but never mind ... if you use some you may feel like you have earned the right to go buy a little more ....

oh .. and if anyone needs a hand with a pattern or an idea .. please post with your request ... i am sure one of us will have something we can share .. or know of a great site where you can get heaps of free patterns ...

Back to top Go down
Wendy R

PostSubject: Re: May 2013 .... Pot Mit's x 2   May 2013 .... Pot Mit's x 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 1:31 pm

Is it best to put that heat stuff in the middle ???
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: May 2013 .... Pot Mit's x 2   May 2013 .... Pot Mit's x 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 2:57 pm

I think it is Wendy and it really does work ... you just put the shiny side of the heat resistant stuff to the side where the heat will be coming from ....... the one i use and i am not sure if there is any other stuff .. but it is called .. insul-bright ...

punchwithjudy has it for around $30 a metre ... but can be purchased by the half meter ... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

they also have another one too .. which i have not heard of but is half the price ... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this US ebayer has it including economy shipping for about $13 a meter ... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this aussie ebayer has it for $8.75 free postage to australia for half a meter ... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

hopefully this will help you ...............

Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: May 2013 .... Pot Mit's x 2   May 2013 .... Pot Mit's x 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:04 pm

hmmm ... just checked the US ebayers feedback .... i am not sure if i would use them or not ... they have quite a few negatives ... but then again ... out of 4494 items sold for the month they received 20 negs ...

but then again ... not sure if i would risk my money with someone who must not sleep or maybe they have a small army working for them ... that is a heck of a lot of sales for a month ... haha .... approx 150 every day ... phew ... i am tired thinking about it ... Sleep
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: May 2013 .... Pot Mit's x 2   May 2013 .... Pot Mit's x 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:24 am

was just sitting here thinking and i realised you don't really need this stuff .. if you are keeping these and you are aware that they have no heat resistant stuff in them ... of course you are going to extra careful ... sort of like when we fold a t-towel up and use it for a pot mit ... right ? ... hands up all of those who have done this .... haha ...

cheers

and ... if you have an old ironing board cover ... those reflective ones .. you could use one of those and chop it up and use small bits of that in these things ... and it would be great ... you get what you want at no extra cost to you and .. less stuff going to land-fill cos you are recycling ... bounce

you may even pick an old ... 'heat reflective' ironing board cover from the thrift shop ... you know the ones i am talking about ... silver on the side you iron on ... and just nothing on the other ... the one on my board is fairly well stained now ... and travelling in the trailer from here to townsville and back wore a couple of wee holes in the end of it ... so really ... i should get me a new ironing board cover ... i know if it were his socks and they had holes in the ends of them like my cover he would want them replaced .... heeeeheeee ...

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: May 2013 .... Pot Mit's x 2   May 2013 .... Pot Mit's x 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 1:53 am

well .... i have done almost 2 potmits ... one is not finished and one is ... i will post a pic of the finished one .. the other will probably get finished tomorrow ...

i also have another 4 sort of put together ... everything is cut .. they are just panels that i have put the heat resistant wadding in ... also another layer of wadding just for extra protection ... and the backs are cut .. i only have to cut some binding and i could finish them too ...

i will stop procrastinating and will do these tomorrow .........

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May 2013 .... Pot Mit's x 2   May 2013 .... Pot Mit's x 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

May 2013 .... Pot Mit's x 2
Page 1 of 1