The Quilting & Patchwork Cottage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...

Go down 
+7
Wendy R
Linda
Karen H
Bobbie B
Evelyn J
debbie l
Tarnyia S
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tarnyia S
Admin

I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... Empty
PostSubject: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 8:30 am

I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... 3420814368 Hi Girls
Let us know when you have received your fantastic bonbon from your wonderful partner.
Back to top Go down
debbie l

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:46 pm

Thank you very much, Evelyn! My bon bon flatpack arrived today. I was going to leave it till Christmas ( I can do that, you see :-) ) but then I started to worry that maybe mine hadn't been up to scratch...so I opened it in the end, to settle my mind. It was wonderful and I had such a great time discovering all the little hidden treasures everywhere. And my mind is relieved as mine compares favourably. Wasn't I silly to worry? clown
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi Deb, Gee that was quick wasn't it!!
It was fun choosing, discarding, and re-choosing again.
So glad you liked it and it was 'up to scratch'.
Enjoy!!!
I chose items I thought I would like to receive (and hoped you would too) and added Alvin Green just for fun! Bet you didn't find any chocolate when you unpacked the bon bon! Alvin loves chocolate!
lol!

Don't forget to add a picture in the bon bon gallery so everyone can see the contents.

I guess we all worry about the contents we add to these bon bons for our partners, especially when we don't know the person we are sending to, other than reading their posts and chatting to them in the forum. It helps to 'know' the person you are sending to and what they might like/dislike craft/colour wise etc. That's why I think it is most important, as a member of any forum you belong to, to make regular posts to let other forum members get to 'know' who you are and what you like to do, especially if you intend to participate in the swaps available. The more posts we make throughout the year, the easier it is for our partners to research and make important choices on our behalf as to what they think we might like to receive. Some of us have been lucky enough to have actually met in person chatting over coffee and cake and that would make it even easier to choose bon bon items. Coffee! It's that time again now. Off to put the kettle on.......... anyone up for a cuppa and a chat? Only one piece of cake left though so we will have to share.......
I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... 3073177902
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 2:09 pm

Wink I also saw a post where Helen P said she had received her bon bon too in another thread! Just mentioning it in here so we are all together and it is easier for the coordinator to coordinate? By the way, you are doing a teriffic job Tarnyia! ha ha

Last edited by Evelyn J on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Just testing to see what happens when you edit...... insert smiley face here)
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:05 pm

Helen P wrote:
Hi Ladies I have received my lovely bon bon swap............ looking forward to opening it

this is the post Helen made ... now here ... all fixed ...
Back to top Go down
debbie l

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:45 pm

Evelyn, I'm so sorry, I just re-read that...I meant the one that I made myself, for my partner...I was afraid it was not up to scratch...that was badly worded and sounded so rude!!Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:56 pm

oh dear deb ... i didn't see anything wrong with your post ... sounded fine to me ... no one would have taken offence at anything you said
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 6:36 pm

debbie l wrote:
Evelyn, I'm so sorry, I just re-read that...I meant the one that I made myself, for my partner...I was afraid it was not up to scratch...that was badly worded and sounded so rude!!Embarassed

Deb please don't be sorry, I didn't take it that way at all. I knew you were speaking about your bon bon you made and stuffed for your partner.

I was glad (and relieved too!) you liked the contents of the bon bon I made for you, and like I said, I think we all worry about the choices we make for others (me included) and hope they are well received ('up to scratch' as you said) when they get there. I think more interaction between us all in the forums would allow us to make bon bon contents choices more easily. The more we chat, the more we learn about each other's likes and dislikes etc.

Deb, do you have a camera to put up a photo in the gallery of the bon bon contents I sent you? If not, I did take a photo before it left here if you would you like me to put the photo up for you? Just let me know.

Also, you haven't mentioned alien Alvin Green - I am hoping he made it to your place in tact? lol! And (confession time) about him eating all the chocolate in transit - don't blame him because I didn't really put any in there in case it melted all over everything else.
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:08 pm

My secret bon bon is no secret anymore!! Thank you Helen, it arrived yesterday. I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... 519358090
I did open it.....and I love it!!! the contents are all lovely, I will post a pic at some stage, busy sewing and hubby was on the computer.
I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... 2347105865
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:17 pm

ooooooooooooooooooooo .... lucky girl ..... sitting and waiting for a pic .... and then the drooling can commence ..... haha ..

thanks for letting us know Karen ...

Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Oh how excitement, I cannot wait, mine certainly won't be unopened for too long. LOL
Back to top Go down
debbie l

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Hi Evelyn...I did take a pic of your bonbon contents, but if you already have one uploaded, please go ahead and put it up. At the rate I remember things, it's entirely possible it could be January b4 I finally got it up Rolling Eyes.
Back to top Go down
debbie l

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:06 pm

And yes, Alvin Green made it in one piece. My son is charmed by him and wants him for his own. I said no. MINE! I did, however, share the chuppa chups and candy canes...and why is my typing suddenly leaning over to the right?? What did I do to my keyboard?? Sigh...

Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 10:46 pm

i think maybe you hit ctrl I ... i think that will give you italics ... do you use Internet Explorer for your browser Deb ... if so .. what you see typed is how it will appear on the thread ...
i use Google Chrome and it doesn't work with it ... but it does give me a spell checker .. haha ...

and i think spelling is more important .. especially after a few voddies .. haha .
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 3:11 pm

So glad Alvin Green got there safely. I knew he would cause a 'dispute' and possibly even ownership issues! ha ha He was also the main cause for flat packing cause his box wouldn't fit in the hand towel tube! But, he is just 'too cute' and I can see why you elected to keep him and not pass him on! He is also brimming with lots of 'health and good luck' so don't forget to get him out of his box and handle him occasionally so he can pass it on! I will also up-load a pick of the goodies he was surrounded by in your bon bon for you, but right now he who must be obeyed has just commanded me to...... come here forth with! ha ha back again soon............
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 3:31 pm

OK, back again now and here is a link to the contents of Deb's bon bon featuring the illusive 'Alvin Green'.........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Wendy R

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 7:47 pm

NO !!!!!! Evelyn

He would LIKE to be obeyed .............

Repeat it after me ............

He who would LIKE to be obeyed ........... But won't be unless it suits ME !!!!

I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... 4216003387
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 7:57 pm

yeah .. like and must ... ... poles apart ... i like the like one ... cos i am not much on musting ...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Well girls............ I did obey (this time ha ha) and I am back again now, just before turning in, to conclude my postings for the day and make the most important one of the all.....

The postman arrived at our home yesterday afternoon while I was out and today I have been speaking with Karen to thank her for her lovely bon bon, as yet still unopened, but it is well pushed, rattled, shaken and poked and none of that has revealed anything!!! ha ha I am still wondering what is inside cause it is not making any noises!!! Watch this space!! I know I said I wasn't opening it until Christmas.... now can I resist and .......... for how long????

I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... 1609286422

Thank you Karen, I'm sure it will be chocolate or cake etc. They don't make any noise after sitting in the roadside mail box for the afternoon on a hot summer day, and everyone knows I love chocolate and CAKE!!!! yum I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... 2056782734

Oh, just had a really bad thought............ maybe the reason it doesn't make any noise is cause it is full of sunshine and fresh air, cause Karen knows I love chocolate and cake and she thinks I need to go on a diet and she is looking after my health? What a good friend she is!!! By the way, how much does a tube full of sunshine and fresh air weigh these days? Any one know?
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 9:44 am

haha Evelyn, open it girl, right now! Don't know how you girls can wait till Christmas, however, I may let mine sit on the kitchen table, to admire, for... oh ....about 2 minutes, hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:19 pm

Linda, I am being very strong, but I am also wondering if I should be putting my bon bon in the fridge in case it really does have chocolate in it??? Karen wouldn't tell me what was inside!!! But....... it is very hot here today and? .......... oh well, it can't get any more melted today, than it was yesterday I guess? ha ha Still no noise when I rattle it either! ha ha
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:41 pm

Patience, patience......... I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... 3412102802
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:44 pm

pale It is growing thinner by the minute Karen!!!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:37 pm

what is growing thinner .... your patience .... or you without that chocolate ... which has melted all over everything else in the parcel ... so you will either have to wash it all before using it .. or have a ball licking everything clean ......

hmm .... now what was it we were talking about ... oh yeah ... someone or something getting thinner ....

and i know it ain't me ... so i am going to bed ...

night all ...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 8:40 am

You are right Bobbie........... I am growing thinner!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...   I Have Received My Secret Bonbon... Empty

Back to top Go down

I Have Received My Secret Bonbon...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next