The Quilting & Patchwork Cottage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..

Go down 
+2
Lorna G
Bobbie B
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bobbie B
Admin

November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  Empty
PostSubject: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 4:18 am

Our lovely Annie M was the winner of last months blocks and has chosen this fantastic theme for this months blocks ... thanks Annie and congratulations on your win ...

Please sign up here if you wish to participate in this swap ... please email me for the pattern if you don't already have it .. there is a link at the bottom of this post for my email or PM ... or download the pattern [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... and you will find all the information [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] !!!!!

The 8 inch (finished) block theme for this swap is .. Yellow Flowers and Blues .... and the borders ... now here is the twist ... the borders are to be 4 different blues ... yes .. you got that right ... each border piece is to be a different piece of fabric .. so these blocks are definitely going to have that scrappy look about them .. all blocks can be made identical but all must have 5 separate colours in each... can't wait to see what you all come up with ...

The block centres may be a charm square .. appliqued .. embroidered or paper pieced .. that bit is your personal choice ... don't rush them and remember to make something you would love to receive ... and remember ... you need to make 6 and photograph all of them to go into the draw ...

You must have your photos posted no later than midnight November 30th ... please post all photos in the gallery which you will find [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ...

Remember .. no photo .. no entry ... ... no entry .. no chance to win ...

also please note ... you may have to pay for international postage on these blocks when sending them to the winner ...

but then again ... you may not have to worry about the postage .. cos you may be the winner .. which means you get to keep yours and get a whole lot of squishies in the mail ... woohoo....

Winners will announced on the 1st of next month .... I will contact the winner to get a snail mail address and then will let you all know what that is ... via email ...

it will be lovely to have you all join in ... and don't forget to have lots of fun picking out your fabrics .....

Lorna G

Bobbie

Karen

Annie

Tarnyia ...

Last edited by Bobbie B on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:27 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lorna G

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 8:56 am

Sign me up , Lorna
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 9:58 am

great Lorna ...

flower
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 12:23 pm

Me too please.
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:13 pm

i have found the blues i need for my borders ... but ... seems i must have sold all my yellow flower stuff at our sale .... what a bother .... looks like i will have to go fabric shopping .... now isn't that tragic ....

November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  2056782734
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 7:24 am

not many sign ups this month ..... still time to go though .. so if you want the opportunity to receive a bundle of blocks in the mail ... and these will be pretty too i am guessing ... then get your machines out ladies and get sewing ....

i have my yellow flower fabric .... daffodils ... and my 4 blues for my borders .... and hopefully i will have some time alone on the weekend to get them together and a pic taken ...

Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:32 pm

Sounds lovely Bobbie. I don't think I will be joining in this swap though as I have other commitments elsewhere that need to be done before Christmas - like some much needed housework!!! (gulp) haha But I am looking forward to seeing the blocks in the gallery.
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:25 pm

i am very lucky staying here ... cos my cleaning is not good enough for some folk .... whatever i do she comes along and does again .. even the dishes ... so ... i sit on my laurels and do NOTHING ...... oh i do vac and tidy my room ... and do my laundry and prepare my own breakfast and lunch .... but that is it ... and i eat whatever she cooks for dinner without complaint ... and am just thankful that i am not paying for it and .... i don't have to do the washing up ....

mind you .... this morning as she was talking and mumbling to herself i did hear something about .... never having the fairies come take care of her dishes or housework ... ................................... fool that she is ... she could be putting me to good use ..... i am not totally useless ......
Back to top Go down
Annie M

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 6:46 am

ooops I thought I had signed up. Well, I am now, been stitching all day again. Catching up before hoho day.

Cheers Ann
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 8:29 am

great Annie ... you are added to the list ..... and ...

Ho Ho day ... i like the sound of that ... Very Happy

i am going to try to get my blocks done today .. they are all cut sitting here looking at me ...

got to go out this afternoon so i will get some thing done this morning i hope ... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:53 am

Mine will be up today, well, that is if my day goes to plan, have a nail appointment as I broke one on the weekend......
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:22 pm

Ok .... the winner for this months lotto blocks is ........................................

yes .......... we will have a drum roll ....................... please .............................. thank you very much ..........................

and the winner is ..................... November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  554827737

Karen ...................................... November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  2488891083

congratulations Hun ... November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  750953480

will get mine in the mail to you when i go to town next ....................

can you get back to me with the next theme please ................................ flower
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:24 pm

email going out to all the ladies who participated with karen's snail mail addie ....
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:08 am

flower Wonderful win for you Karen...
Back to top Go down
Annie M

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:29 am

woo hoo a big congrats to you. Now I need your address to mail them too. they are in the envelop ready to go. November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  4181835256
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:06 am

email has gone out with Karen's address ...
Back to top Go down
Annie M

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:22 am

Thank you envelop addressed hope to mail it tomorrow.

You are so quick there Miss Bobbie
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:27 am

yes .. i meant to send it out last night .. but forgot ... haha ... your post reminded me .. thank you ..
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:39 pm

November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  750953480
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:13 am

do you have a theme for the next swap karen ....

let's know as soon as you do and i will get the thread up so we can get cracking on them before christmas creeps up ... haha ..
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:23 am

Hmm...thank you so much I will think on it for a few minutes and get back to you this morning, orders to box......
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:36 am

Perhaps a jewel box ?
white borders with jewel box colours. Does that make sense? I think Tarnyia has one in the gallery.
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:19 am

i think i know what you mean ,.... but i will go look .... and make sure ...

but white does sound nice ....
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:31 am

flower so that means no wishy washy colours.... jewels like ruby, sapphire, emerald, aquamarine, amethyst, citrine, tourmaline, pink diamonds Wink

Last edited by Tarnyia S on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:04 am

citrine and tourmaline i will have to look up .. the others i think i know ... lol

but thinking about it ...citrine would possibly mean orange or yellow .. citrus ???? ... the other ... i would not even be able to guess ..

off to find mr google and see what he says ,,,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..    November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..  Empty

Back to top Go down

November 2012 ... Yellow Flowers and Blues ... with a twist ..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next