HomeHome  RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ  Log in  

Share | 

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Annie M

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat May 26, 2012 5:52 am

Woo Hoo, I am in. Bobbie go and see what I did today.

Thank you so much it is so late getting this done.

Cheers Ann
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat May 26, 2012 10:51 am

Beautiful blocks Ann, love the borders. This is going to be a delightful quilt for somebody! 2 lots to go? Gilly and Jan? maybe.
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat May 26, 2012 11:42 am

very pretty Annie.... the border fabrics are very pretty .. and i do agree with Karen .. this is going to be a great quilt ... for ..... ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan did sign up for this month ... but she may be busy ... but there is still a few days to go ...

and i don't know where Gilly's pics are .. i thought they would have been up by now ....

i will send an email out in a couple of days in case there are others who are interested in playing ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven   queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven  queen 
Bobbie

hold your precious ones close and tell them you love them...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat May 26, 2012 4:57 pm

Great blocks Ann!
Gilly said she was just finishing the last block then would put pics up.

Good idea Bobbie to send out a reminder to everyone just in case they have forgotten the closing date.

Also Bobbie, you might like to check out this site for a free random number picker which can be set from 1-100 as needed. I have seen this used on many blogs for their giveaways and they even post the actual draw showing the results. I am hoping you will agree with me, when I say, I think it would be a good idea to use this for the lotto draws, instead of picking numbers out of a hat?

The participants names would be numbered in the order their photos were posted in the lotto gallery. You would only have to key in 2 numbers and hit the generate button to see who the lotto winner is, then post the results here. I am sure someone else has already suggested this before? Maybe it was Karen?

Anyway, have a look here and see what you think please?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat May 26, 2012 6:41 pm

Twern't me, I don't know about fancy things like that. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat May 26, 2012 8:35 pm

Hmmmmmmmm! Sorry Karen, it must have been someone else then?
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu May 31, 2012 10:26 am

Sorry Karen, I found it, it was Wendy's suggestion. Sits in naughty corner eating cherries and waits to see who wins this lovely lot of lotto blocks........... cherry anyone, notice I said "cherry", NOT 'cherries'...........? Oh ok, I will play nice, have as many as you like! cherry cherry cherry
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu May 31, 2012 10:51 am

i did say somewhere that this month i will be doing it with the random thingy ... but i am not sure how to post the results into here ... i know you can do it on the blogs .... but have also seem someone say it is easier said than done ... haha ...

but i will do my best to get everything here ... that way it is all open and transparent ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven   queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven  queen 
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu May 31, 2012 10:59 am

here is the mr random .... i will use it come midnight ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu May 31, 2012 7:57 pm

So if no one wins!..... Maybe ..... does that mean it will 'jackpot' to next month? Rolling Eyes
lol!

Jokes aside, thanks for taking the time to get it worked out for the draws Bobbie. I know you have been busy lately too!
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu May 31, 2012 8:00 pm

OOPS! My Bad!!! Don't look now Bobbie, but.......... I think I won the draw for this lotto? I'm number 36 aren't I????
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu May 31, 2012 8:13 pm

???????????? not sure what you are drinking Evelyn ... but i haven't drawn it yet ... drink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:58 pm

ok ... now i put everyone in as Evelyn suggested ...

starting with

1. Karen .. 2. bobbie ... 3. Evelyn ... 4. Annie .. 5. Jane ... 6. Gilly ...

and .. the winner ... via the random number picker ... which apparently resets itself back to a blank screen when the page reloads ... ...... the lucky winner .. is .....

number 2 ... bobbie ....

yay me ...

oh ... and i also was on the phone to someone today ... and asked if they could pick a number between these .. and they picked .. 2 as well ... so i am just doubly meant to win these ....

thanks for playing ladies ... and for the next lot of blocks ... i will pick ...

"I SPY" .... so .. any I spy charm block .. with a co-ordinating tone on tone border fabric ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Annie M

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:06 am

YEH< for Bobbie, You deserve them. Weill get them in the mail soon, big congrats to you.

Cheers Ann
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:20 am

thank you Annie ... thought i would post the winner and set up the new topic for next month before heading to bed ...

have a rather big day tomorrow with young ricky.... nan is taking him shopping for clothes .. stuff for work and maybe a nice pair of jeans and a jacket for these cooler nights in case he gets a hot date with some young chicky babe ...

not that that is very likely cos he is asleep 10 mins after he eats his dinner ... haha ..

and now his nana is going to drag her butt into bed .... hmmmm sounds like a grand idea ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:22 am

oh ... if anyone needs my snail mail address ... please ask here and i will send it to you ...

good night all ... and thank you ....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:57 am

Bobbie please may I have your Address I still seem to have the old one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:46 pm

Congratulations Bobbie! And you will not believe me when I tell you this, but I was thinking ..... if I win these wonderful owls then I will suggest an I-spy theme!! (Link pinkies and make a wish please?) Your owls will be winging their way up the mountain range on Wednesday when I go to town.

Did you try picking the winner using the random number picker you pasted in this forum? Now you know what I did to get number 36 as the winner the other day! Laughing Well, it was just there saying: "click me, click me" so I did and was shocked to see it worked, which is why I posted the oops, my bad after it!
lol!

I am not sure, but I think you have to go to the random number site, put the start and end numbers into their random number picker and generate the winner there, which also generates a code. You then have to copy and paste that code into our forum as a post which should produce a screen shot of the draw results? This could all be in my imagination, but I thought that is how it would be done? Will have to go there now and check it out further ................ and report back.
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:53 pm

Ignore the above post Bobbie re: random. It looks like you may have to use the paid service to get the results code to copy and paste in the forums? I should have done more research first............... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:09 pm

haha .. well that answers a couple of questions .... as to why i can't get it to show the results here ... using that little mr random thingy ...

i did use it to draw the lotto blocks ... but as soon as you go off this page it resets back to a blank widget ...

so play with it all you like ... put numbers in ... 1 to 99 ... and it will pick a number ... but it won't stay there ...

reckon i will come in here one day and find you all using it to play bingo ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Jan S

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:54 pm

Well done Bobbie,

My Owls will be in the mail asap.

Happy stitching,

Jan
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:17 pm

Bingo!
Don't you need 'dobbers' for that?
There are a couple of resident ones in this forum, of which I am one!
So, now when I am bored or sitting here waiting for someone to play with .......
I can have a go at playing BINGO!

I do have a solution for you though, and have emailed it to you.
This time I did all the research and have included the results for you.
Hope it is of some use?
The other one looked pretty neat on blogs I had seen, but this new solution will work ok too!

Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:19 pm

thanks hun ... will have a longer look at it after i eat .... dinner ... hmmm .... toasties me thinks ... ham & cheese ... chicken & cheese .... well that is what Ricky is having ... i am having ham & cheese .... and so is marcos ... cos he just gets what he is given .....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Congratulations and slack as I am, I will mail tomorrow, can't believe I missed this.
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:56 pm

hi Karen ... have not seen you in what seems like ages .... sooo good to see you ... ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... May 2012 ---- Owls In Pink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next