Share | 

Current Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Tarnyia S
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Sun May 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Very Happy I have posted a photo of the quilt I finished this week... I am going to use it as a table topper.
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Sun May 27, 2012 2:49 pm

a peeper is just a little flap of fabric .... i use a one inch strip .. fold it in half and sew it inbetween the block bit and the border ...

i put them on the blocks i did in a RR recently .. i have put a pic up in the gallery .. it is a close up and you can see the white fabric .. not a thin border but a peeper ... see how at the edge it is actually a flap of fabric ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven   queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven  queen 
Bobbie

hold your precious ones close and tell them you love them...
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Sun May 27, 2012 2:50 pm

oh T .. that is wonderful ... love your colours ....

maybe i should organise an ostrich quilt for us ... they are really fun to do ...

although mine is not finished yet .. haha ... along with most everything else ... lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven   queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven  queen 
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Sun May 27, 2012 6:49 pm

I am supposed to be making a baby quilt but....I just can't settle on fabric, cos the mum has asked for a vintage/hippy style Shocked
but whilst looking I found this one, recalling that I have a box containing a jelly roll I won in a raffle..... Very Happy and I think I might be making it....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope the baby waits...well, he/she is not here til September
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Sun May 27, 2012 10:08 pm

oh karen .. that looks really interesting ... wonder if i have the patience to do something like that ... haha .. i would probably get part way thru and change my mind .. lol ...

but that is me .. always never finishing ...

and i think it is rather vintage looking ... it really does have that feel about it ... very nice ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Annie M

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Mon May 28, 2012 1:22 am

T you know what peepers are. we have used them quite often.
Girls you ideas for my runner are all great now need to decide. I also have a quilt hanging on the bedroom wall so was wondering if I should add some of the colours in it to the runner, I will try and post a picture for all to see.

Cheers Ann
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Mon May 28, 2012 5:02 am

annie a picture would be lovely ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Mon May 28, 2012 12:26 pm

Bobbie B wrote:
those chairs will be getting sold when we leave here .... along with my lovely table that i 'saved' when we were on Magnetic Island ...

gee... we will be selling everything that i have really ... cos all we need we have in the bus already ...

Does this mean you will be selling all your UFOs and stash too Bobbie? No pale
Or have you been hiding your stash etc in the bus already? lol!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Mon May 28, 2012 1:36 pm

no .. i will not be selling anything fabric ... well .. nothing that i need .. i do have a small bundle here that i will be listing on ebay at some stage .. along with my Happy Jack ..... cos i cannot take it with me .. and it will be getting sold at a buyers bargain price ...

there is a massive space under the bed that is just the right size for my tubs of fabrics and UFO's ... hopefully most of my UFO's will just be quilt tops ... awaiting wadding and backing .. and quilting of course ... with some luck i will get some of them quilted before we leave here and i can give them away on the trip around the country ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Mon May 28, 2012 2:28 pm

ooohhh, how much is that bargain price?? and have we seen you use it? Question
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Mon May 28, 2012 2:34 pm

yes i have used it karen ... when i was out at hannaford .. not here as we just don't have the room ...

and .. i will probably try to get about ... $600 for it ... it is absolutely no use to me .. and it has the 3 metre table and poles ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Mon May 28, 2012 2:45 pm

that sounds like a bargain.....have I room? no...but do let me know when you decide Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Mon May 28, 2012 3:19 pm

Karen H wrote:
that sounds like a bargain.....have I room? no...but do let me know when you decide Embarassed
Now Karen, didn't you already have a quilting table setup at one time? What happened to that one missy? Did you wear it out already? lol!
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Mon May 28, 2012 3:21 pm

Twisted Evil And yes, I have the room here Bobbie for a Happy Jack! Still looking at those chairs and table too!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Mon May 28, 2012 3:40 pm

haha ...............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Mon May 28, 2012 7:24 pm

karen it is for sale now ... i just have not gotten around to listing it ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Mon May 28, 2012 7:28 pm

evelyn .. there are only 3 chairs cos i was using one for a ladder and it broke when i leaned too far one way on it ... i came down very hard .. and the chair really could have been fixed but Himself does not do furniture repairs of any sort ....

and to add insult to injury .. i stood on another chair (from a different setting) and broke it too .. but it was a real wobbly one ... i think i was either in a self destructive mode .. or my brain just was not functioning at that point ... either way ... i ended up on the floor and the chairs .. they ended up broke .. and i was in so much strife i have never even thought of putting anything but my butt on a chair .... feet stay on the floor apparently ... who knew ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Annie M

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Mon May 28, 2012 10:28 pm

Good morning,,

I finally posted 2 pictures. One is the wall hanging. It has lots of pink in it and I am not a pink person. But I really like the hanging and needed something on the wall so perfect place for it. I was thinking maybe I could pull some yellow from it for the dresser runner too. What so you think?? the other picture is my curtains they are blue and white. Oh yes I also made the framed picture on the wall in that pic too.The blue of the wall with the hanging is a little more true to colour. So now what do I do for my runner?????? The wall hanging was a rr I did a couple of years ago.
Bobbie are there posted pics of the chair you speak of?? I was looking for it.

Well, off to get my day started. Oh yes there was something else I wanted to ask for.... could you send me the pattern for the runner you posted Bobbie? I like that one but i like all of them I get so muddled as to what to do.
I have to go and dig a bed to plant cukes in so will think while I dig. So, it is outside I go.

Cheers Ann
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Mon May 28, 2012 11:24 pm

i can send you that pattern Annie .. and the chairs are in that pic of the table runner ... they are solid timber with hearts cut in the backs .. they are very heavy ....

off now to look at your pics ... shall be back soon ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Mon May 28, 2012 11:27 pm

oh i think you should put a little yellow and maybe a splash of pink in the runner ... that way all the colours tie in ... and .. you are not just restricted to blues ...

i love the wall hanging ... it is very pretty ... and i too am not really a pink person ... but it is very pretty ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Mon May 28, 2012 11:57 pm

Annie M wrote:

I have to go and dig a bed to plant cukes in so will think while I dig. So, it is outside I go.

Cheers Ann

pale Sad Crying or Very sad Annie, what is cukes? Please, please don't tell me you made a spelling mistake and you are actually planting CAKES? Although, if you ARE planting CAKES, maybe they will grow babies and we will have a good crop of cupcakes real soon? scratch Sits and waits for Annie to post pictures of her plants. Waits hopefully, with plate and fork in hand, ready for Annie to share. I have home made ginger beer to go with it??? lol!

On a more serious note Annie, I like your wall hanging, especially the first and last borders. Very nice and I am not such a pink girl either!
Back to top Go down
Annie M

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Tue May 29, 2012 1:49 am

Thank you girls for the compliments. I think it is very pretty on my wall too. I was thinking now that maybe I could do the centers in blue ans white and then maybe applique something around the outside with some pink and yellow. Dear Bobbie has sent me loads of pretty patterns. Cukes are cucumbers. I want to making pickled cucumbers, I like the cup cakes idea too hehehehehehe. Now, ginger beer is something I have not had since being a child. HUMMM have I grown up yet?
Is it homemade???
I would love some. Dear Bobbie sent me some oh so pretty patterns so no digging done yet. I have been looking and dribbling at the lip. I think I will go out now for a little while. I want to get into the city tomorrow so cannot do it then.

Cheers Ann
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Tue May 29, 2012 5:36 pm

Cucumbers will not taste as nice a baby cupcakes but they are a better choice for when it comes to pickles! lol!
Yes, ginger beer is home made, this batch has also been stored for a couple of years or more, so is a tad stronger than usual and full of hiccups! drunken
lol!
Sadly, I only have 5 small bottles left before it is all gone. I will be making a new batch before Christmas when the weather here starts to warm up. I love homemade ginger beer.
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Tue May 29, 2012 6:31 pm

marcos is very partial to a nice drop of home made ginger beer ... and his mum used to make it for him .... but unfortunately i cannot handle the smell of ginger ... so ... i simply do not make it ... i do make all the other things he enjoys ... like .... anzac biccies ... pumpkin scones ... apple pie .... blueberry muffins ..... lasagna .... pancakes ... just to name a few ... so .. he just has to be content with good old bundaberg ginger beer ...

or go one step further and have green ginger wine .... haha ...

i have a couple of feral pumpkin vines growing in the back yard at present ... and there are a few nice pumpkins coming along out there .... so he will enjoy his scones .. one day ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Tue May 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Mmmmm! To all those too Bobbie! Poor Marcos! I will think of him when I am drinking my stash of ginger beer! drunken lol!
Who knows, maybe I could be persuaded to share a small bottle or two with the poor old fellow (outside of course so you can't be smelling it) of the new batch near Christmas if you be anywhere near at the time? Maybe! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   

Back to top Go down

Current Project
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next