The Quilting & Patchwork Cottage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Current Project

Go down 
+13
Helen P
Dee B
Joey C
Annie M
Evelyn J
Wendy R
Jan S
Linda
Bobbie B
BB
Tarnyia S
Blondie
Karen H
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Evelyn J

Current Project - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:41 pm

Thanks Linda. Bobbie I love the pics you put up too! You have been busy despite the heat! Was very hot here today!!! I am sitting in front of the fan and it is blowing hot air!!!! Time for another glass of ................ Current Project - Page 9 3539881313 ...... water! ha ha
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:51 pm

oh i am into the ice tea at the moment ... flavoured sachets from the supermarket ... lipton .. the same as the bottled ice tea that you can buy .... i have the lemon and lime and the peach ... very nice and quite refreshing and just a bit of a change from water ... drinking about 4 liters a day at the moment .... and yes sewing and hand sewing trying to keep the brain from a total meltdown ....

have a couple more placemats on the go at the moment ... wonder if i will get them done tomorrow ...

Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:18 pm

Evelyn J wrote:
I have been making Crystal Angle Christmas tree decorations...... 16 so far........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
what is a crystal angle????? 60 degrees?
Shocked
Current Project - Page 9 2056782734
I hve been making peek a bags and santa sacks... and dreaming about them too....time for a rest.
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:43 pm

flower I am working on a BOM from the internet have the top all finished this afternoon and have just put the backing and batting to it... now to quilt it in the heat hahaha
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:15 pm

i have been working on ... catching up on missed sleep ... haha ...
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:15 am

Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:40 pm

Karen H wrote:
Evelyn J wrote:
I have been making Crystal Angle Christmas tree decorations...... 16 so far........

what is a crystal angle????? 60 degrees?
Shocked
I hve been making peek a bags and santa sacks... and dreaming about them too....time for a rest.

Current Project - Page 9 692134046 NOT 60 degrees at all you cheeky girl! Besides I would say it was at least 365 degrees so we could have the Spirit of Christmas all year round. ha ha
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:46 pm

And by the way.................... What is 'hve'? and............ scratch who let the spelling 3!@@#} police in here? clown 'We' declare this to be, from this moment forward, a 'spell free zone'! queen king jocolor
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:32 pm

yes Karen ... i say when you start dreaming about the things you are doing or the job you are working at .... it is time to give it a little rest ... or to stop all together depending on how bad the dreams may be ...

and Evelyn ... the spelling police are always around .... we can try to silence them ... but they will eventually poke their heads up ...

eventually .... haha
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:39 pm

Karen I love your peek a bags......will have one for Lou's baby please, will arrange it with you in the New Year.
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:11 am

Linda, do they know if it is pink or blue yet? Mine are finding out this weekend coming, but are not sharing............. maybe? She did ask me what I wanted for Christmas? Hmmmmmmmm ............ maybe I will ask to be told? ha ha
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:02 am

Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:03 pm

Don't know Evelyn, and they are not finding out. Little sister is keen to see dvd they had done yesterday, but I can't see anything....and, its 4D.
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Either way Linda, our pending grand babies will be what they will be and no amount of guessing will change it from blue to pink or vice versa! ha ha
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:57 pm

yep ... the die has already been cast for both of them ...

i like the idea of the surpise of finding out at the birth ...... ................... the mind you ... had they had the technology when i was having babies i probably would have wanted to know ... sort of like pressies under the christmas tree thing ... if you can find out .... rattle it .. squeeze it ... poke it a little ... sort of like that ... then ... i would have wanted to know . ... haha ...
Back to top Go down
Michele

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:09 pm

I've only got one panel on 'My Girls Day Out' stitchery to complete and then..... I have to cut the beautiful fabric and sew it up oh my I don't like cutting fabric I always think I'm gonna stuff it up and after stitching for 6+ years on this - which yes is a bom that should have been completed in 12 months but hey life gets in the way..... I don't want to ruin anything.

Oh well as they say here goes nothing..... Mind you in between this I've been repairing dolls and bears for our local Anglicare Op Shop and framing x-stitches and stitcheries as well as working on some quilt tops that have come in to the shop.... some man out there was throwing them away and asked us if they were any good to us? I mean of course they are beautiful so finishing them off and donating them to the shop which of course means lots of hours of work and then I have to find someone to quilt it for FREE. Anyway we'll see maybe I'll have a go and see what happens.

Michele

PS. Will post some pics when I get to take some... lol
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:44 pm

yep ... you sure are busier than me .... haha ... i don't do too much of anything ... haha ...

the internet here is being a pain today .. keeps dropping out .. so i am on and off it at the moment ... driving me a little sillier than normal ... and waiting for someone from bigpond to get back to me ... haha ... wonder when that will happen ...

Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:46 pm

i made some key fobs today .... got the idea off someones blog ... will find it again later and put up a link ... but have put a pic up in the gallery of what i did ....

they were fiddly to start with ... and hardly any sewing and once i got into the swing of it they just fell together .. katie picked one that she liked which made me feel good that something i made was worth having ....... and my husband wants one made out of denim ... surprise surprise ..... Rolling Eyes ............ that man has no imagination haha .....
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:18 pm

have started sewing my 365 day quilt together in strips ... just in case the bus is ready to be picked up ... no point doing a quilt of our trip if it is not ready when we are .... Current Project - Page 9 2672341621
Back to top Go down
Wendy R

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:30 pm

I will be interested how much you keep it up day by day. Lots of days when we are away I do nothing ............. lol.

Current Project - Page 9 2261712005
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:38 pm

i did think about that ... then thought ... shite ... i can talk for hours about absolutely nothing .. so it should not be too much of a problem for me finding stuff to write about ......

however .... that said .......... my biggest concern is actually doing it .... have you seen my blog ............ i go for months without putting stuff in there .... Current Project - Page 9 2056782734
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Michele wrote:
I've only got one panel on 'My Girls Day Out' stitchery to complete and then..... I have to cut the beautiful fabric and sew it up oh my I don't like cutting fabric I always think I'm gonna stuff it up and after stitching for 6+ years on this - which yes is a bom that should have been completed in 12 months but hey life gets in the way..... I don't want to ruin anything.

Oh well as they say here goes nothing..... Mind you in between this I've been repairing dolls and bears for our local Anglicare Op Shop and framing x-stitches and stitcheries as well as working on some quilt tops that have come in to the shop.... some man out there was throwing them away and asked us if they were any good to us? I mean of course they are beautiful so finishing them off and donating them to the shop which of course means lots of hours of work and then I have to find someone to quilt it for FREE. Anyway we'll see maybe I'll have a go and see what happens.

Michele

PS. Will post some pics when I get to take some... lol

Michele I will be looking forward to seeing pics of the Anglicare Op Shop quilts you finished. One of my sewing girls works at St V's and was given a cot quilt top to complete. Nothing matched seam wise and the applique was, well it wasn't really applique. Any way, long story short, we attacked it in class and it didn't turn out too bad in the end. Just goes to show that what others see as 'throw aways' can be salvaged with a little ... make that a lot of imagination.

I have a BOM still not complete older than yours so don't feel bad. Be proud you are almost done and about cutting that fabric to complete it....... some one once told me to "just do it" and after that I had no hesitation.... so Michele........have a little faith in yourself, measure twice and cut once and ............. "Just do it!" cheers I would like to see some pics of the stitchery blocks too please?
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 4:26 pm

Bobbie, if you can't think of anything to write on a particular day of your 365 day quilt........ give a weather report or what you had for dinner or the 'the colour of the day' (of your knickers that is.......!)

Knowing you, you will have to make a cushion panel for each of the 365 days as well so you can finish each day's posts!
Current Project - Page 9 1569876678
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 4:29 pm

Bobbie B wrote:
i made some key fobs today .... got the idea off someones blog ... will find it again later and put up a link ... but have put a pic up in the gallery of what i did ....

they were fiddly to start with ... and hardly any sewing and once i got into the swing of it they just fell together .. katie picked one that she liked which made me feel good that something i made was worth having ....... and my husband wants one made out of denim ... surprise surprise ..... Rolling Eyes ............ that man has no imagination haha .....

Very nice Bobbie. Where did you get the findings for them and are they big enough to slip over your wrist too?
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 5:01 pm

not big enough to go over the wrist ... i went for a smaller loop rather than bigger ...

and the actually fob bits i got off ebay ....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Current Project - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Current Project
Page 9 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next