Share | 

Current Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Tue May 29, 2012 9:31 pm

not too sure where we will be come christmas .. the plan is either one of 3 places ... dustin's in Blue Haven ... Robert's in Townsville ... or Levi's and they will be in their new place in Moonie ...

i am thinking probably Dustin and Tracy's ... or Levi and Kate''s ... cos Townsville will be sooooo hot ...

but we could swing past your place on the way norht ... if we end up at Blue Haven .. maybe ... haha ..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven   queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven  queen 
Bobbie

hold your precious ones close and tell them you love them...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed May 30, 2012 11:50 pm

Not sure what size bus you have Bobbie, but if it is as big as I think it is (because you have 'everything' in it) then you will have to make a detour to our place, then back track 5 ks to get back on the highway and heading north again. And just by coincidence, we happen to have a big bus parking area and turning bay right outside our front gate, less than 20 mts from the front door, so 'swing' away, but please give us plenty of warning first. No, not so I can put the quilts under lock and key! ha ha Just so I can tell you if we will actually be here or somewhere else.

Now, when I say detour, that doesn't mean you can travel all the way past our place and come out at the other end, because you can't! Buses your size can NOT go over the mountain between our place and the qld end. Too steep, too narrow, too winding, not to mention the low level rail viaducts and some bridges with weight restrictions too! Just ask Karen what she thinks of our bridge approaches and see what she says!

Not to worry, if you do swing by, and the weather is in our favor, and you would like to, we can go for a drive up into the mountains in our car and check out the sights.

I am not sure where we will be for Christmas this year, too early to plan yet, but it is usually very busy before Christmas for us with grandie's birthdays and end of year functions we get roped into attending! Not to mention other organisations we belong to that need our attention too! Phew! Sleep I am getting tired just thinking about it and Christmas is still 7 months away!!!!
santa
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:03 am

i got the 'i spy' quilt top finished on the weekend .... and it is really lovely ... i have put a photo in the gallery .... but like most things .. photos don't really capture the colours very well .. it is a very bright and alive top ...

now to get it quilted .....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven   queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven  queen 
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Very nice quilt top Bobbie and when I went to the gallery I was expecting to see the I-Spy block lotto quilt top all done and thought ............. that can't be right??? cause all the frames are the same colour Rolling Eyes , then I remembered it was Karen who won that one!

I like the lemon frames Bobbie and you certainly have a good mix of fabrics there!!!
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:55 pm

dammit!! and I thought Bobbie made it for me...so I didn't have to
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:36 pm

yeah right Karen ...

you are such a funny girl ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:39 am

tonight i made a candle mat for a swap i am in elsewhere ... and it has turned out rather well ... i have to hand stitch the binding ... and then i will take a pic for the gallery ...

i also fashioned a few mug rugs today too ... mind you not one of them has buttons or bows on them ... i just got carried away in the moment .. i found some fabric and thought ... gee these little panels would look excellent in a mug rug .. and then got lost doing them ... Rolling Eyes

my sister came over too out of the blue ... so the rest of the day was spent at the table over coffee and chats .... her 2nd daughter is due to have her bub tomorrow ... she was married in october last year and wanted to have a baby straight away .... she was certainly true to her word ... lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:28 pm

I love your purple candle mat Great Aunt Bobbie and would like to have a go at one myself. Do you have the pattern or an address where I can download it please?

And maybe you can stitch some buttons and bows onto one of those new mug rugs and call it done? lol!

Glad you had a nice chat and catch up with your sister over coffee.

Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:41 pm

evelyn ... the block that i made the candle mat from is called ... waltzing matilda ... and i have the programme ... judy martin stars and sets ... and that is where i found the block ... i can print it off in pdf for you ..... what size block were you chasing ... ???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:47 pm

What size does it come in? 6" would be nice. But instead of printing it off for me, wait till I visit in August and we can put it on my USB?
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm

Of course I will be bringing EXTRA cake as payment! Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Wendy R

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:50 pm

Stupid site would not let me post again until now!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wendy R

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:50 pm

THat will save some cake ................

Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:52 pm

Thanks for the link Wendy, looks interesting and I will read up on it before I visit with Bobbie.
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Hmmmmm, nope! No saving on the cake. There will be cake Bobbie and lots of it and I would still like to resize the block to 6" please?
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:58 pm

it certainly will .. very good that you found that .. i did not have the destructionz on how to put it together ... i just did it as best i could and would seem i got it right ..

and the programme is like eq6 etc .. can do any size block you want ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:09 pm

i have done a 6 inch block in a pdf file if you want me to send that to you via email .. evelyn ... actually there are 2 files ... one for the templates which gives you the centre and one for the rotary cutting ... all up ... approx 220 kb ... but they are fine to sit on the computer until you come ... if you'd prefer ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Wendy R

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Me me me me too

Pleaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Can I have a copy - pretty please.

LOL - I want to do something completely different with it ............
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:13 pm

what size block wendy ... and i am assuming you want just the templates ???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:14 pm

oh ... and i am guessing you already know i cut the corner blocks to get the octagonal shape ... cos the pattern is for a square block ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:26 pm

That would be great if you could send the files to me Bobbie thanks. did not have my thinking cap on and thought you would have to snail mail them to me!!! don't ask, been on the pc most of the day as I said somewhere else before and am over it and not thinking straight. But, ...... there will still be lots of cake!!!!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Wendy R

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:04 pm

The 6 inch will be fantastic thanks

and yes just templates ......................
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Have mine thanks Bobbie.......... yhm silent lol!
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:19 pm

Hmmmmmmmm so this is where all the blardy CAKE is, ROFL. I know I am a bit slow but didn't notice this Thread until now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current Project   

Back to top Go down

Current Project
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next