Share | 

please pop in here

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: please pop in here    Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:52 pm

and tell us a little about yourself ...

we would love to know where you are from and what you love to do with your time ...

yep .. we are just sticky beaks ... lol!

oh .. please pop up to the section of forum help and guidelines ..... there are a couple of things there that you may find interesting if you have not already read them ...
Back to top Go down
Jane D

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:26 am

I lived in MtMagnet WA for over 50 years I left there in 2010 after my husband passed away. I now live in Busselton WA. . I have 3 children, 7 grandchildren and 3 great granddaughters.I have been sewing since year dot and in later years the sewing has been mainly quilts etc. For the past two years the sewing bug has not been very strong . Maybe it will awaken again!!!!!!!! Hello to you all . All the best Jane D
Back to top Go down
Lorna G

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:40 am

Hello Ladies, I'm Lorna G, age 60, eith rings on my fingers and 6 earrings, no tattos, of late, still thinking............

We (Norman) and I , married 42 years in Oct. WE have 2 sons 39 and 37, and they are in no hurry to give us grandbabbies, which is really sad, because I am ready.

I run a B&B, in french is Gite, in Northern Quebec, Canada, I have 3 bedrooms. It is quiet here right now and only one night that I have been filled to the roof, with 9 guests, for bed and breakfast. It is good fun.

We have 7 horses, pure bred Halfingers, the newest is Jake, born June 12, 2012, 14 barn cats, one house cat (goldie) and one dog (Salame).

Made my first quilt in 1980, I'm self taught, in all and love to do many crafty things, red work embroidery and quilting are #1, on my list.

I was part of IFQ and the Applique group, very sad when they fell, I had made many friends.

Well that is about it, all my best wishes, Lorna
Back to top Go down
Wendy R

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:11 am

Welcome to all the new people - soooooooooooooooooo good to see you here.

Boobie works hard to run swaps etc so join in.
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:31 am

Hi Lorna and welcome. Looking forward to seeing you on the threads and love the description of your home and surrounds etc. Sorry about the lack of grandies just yet, but they seem to multiply like rabbits when they start. We have 5 and are expecting the 6th early next year. Crossing fingers now for you and yours. Luck!
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:22 am

hi Lorna ... yes i agree with Evelyn .. when the kids start breeding there seems to be no stopping them ... our 6 have given us 24 grandkids ... and ... that seems to be the limit of what i am getting ...
but it won't be long before i have some great grand babies ... the older ones are getting older and ya can't tell em that the things they are doing for fun could turn real serious at any point and babies could happen ... but they think Nan is old and silly .... and maybe they are right about that ... but ... hey .. i was once young and reckless too ... heeeeheeee ... and started this whole baby thing happening ....

but fear not .. the grandies will happen .. i am sure of it ...

well I am going to get off the computer ... and go do some more sorting of stuff ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven   queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven  queen 
Bobbie

hold your precious ones close and tell them you love them...
Back to top Go down
Wendy R

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:42 am

" but they think Nan is old and silly" ........................

Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:43 am

um Wendy .... ......................................... Razz ....

Razz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven   queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven  queen 
Bobbie

Last edited by Bobbie B on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lorna G

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:59 am

Well ladies, I have time left, so maybe one day, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for your kind thoughts. Lorna
Back to top Go down
Linda

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:08 am

Hello Lorna, it's great to meet new folk. You live in a magical part of the world, how exciting
Back to top Go down
Lorna G

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:43 am

Hello Linda, I've been here for 6 1/2 years, and I would love to be back in Ontario, being here has been an experience, Lorna
Back to top Go down
Jane D

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:44 am

Hello Lorna great to catch up again. Those Grandies will come never fear. Love Jane
Back to top Go down
Robyn R

PostSubject: hello girls.   Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:23 am

Hi ...it's robyn here..... figuring out how to use the technology....so be patient please.

Been around a while Laughing but still got my teeth... feeling the subtile effects of gravity bounce but still giving thanks. Love sewing when I get the time. Have own business which I am blessed to say is growing.... ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )
Delighted to be a part of this group.... thanks Bobbie dear for having me....somehow feel we might be kindred "spirits" especially after printing out your Christhhhmas Coike recipe....but I don't drink tho affraid
Back to top Go down
Wendy R

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:35 am

Hi Robyn

I can't get that addy - even without the () to get me anywhere - and I remembered the au ................... lol

Cheers

bouncebouncebouncebouncebouncebounce
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:12 am

try that link now wendy ... i just popped a space inbetween the au and the ) ..... seems to have fixed it ....

hi Robyn .... lovely to see you again my dear .... how goes the puppet business ...

i am sure you will get your legs here in no time at all .... have fun and if you have the time ... come join in some of the swaps ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Wendy R

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:20 am

Ok Boobie - I tried everything before - even googling but no go ...........
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:30 am

Hello Robyn, nice to meet you. Come back soon to chat and play.

Wendy, the link is working now for me. Try it again.

Been to look at your site Robyn and your puppets look wonderful (and so do you too!).
Back to top Go down
Robyn R

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi Wendy,

Oh dear....such confusion.,,,so sorry. The link does not include the brackets
Thanks Wendy

Robyn
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi Robyn and welcome... love your puppets

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tarnyia
Back to top Go down
Robyn R

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:22 pm

oh dear girls....you are all soooo nice.... Embarassed Evelyn...it's just that I've got good cream! ( would be happy to tell you, but I'd have to join you up to a bond of secrecy!)
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:00 am

Oh Robyn, join the club!
Suspect
I am sure we both use the same product and ......shhhhh ..... your secret is safe with me, so long as you don't give mine away either!
Back to top Go down
Lorna G

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:00 am

Welcome Robyn, love your site, Lorna
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:07 am

Thanks for the EMAIL Robyn, although I think you might have meant to make it a post here and clicked on my email link instead?
lol!

As there was no reply email address for you I will copy and past and answer your post here:

Robyn R wrote:
At least you CAN ROTFL........ I can do the laugh part... but have trouble rolling on the floor at the same time.....can't get up! giggle.

So nice to meet you ..... both being spring chickens...

Kinda hard to be humerous today... fires such a tragedy, as they always are.

Are you ok down your way? Family all ok?

Thanks for your concern but me and mine are all ok. There are other members here though who live in the South of the country, but I live in the very North of the state and so far we have had very little fire here (so far). Touch wood it stays that way. Although, OH could have his holidays cut short at any time and be sent down South to help fight the fires if this fire weather keeps up!

Robyn, I know you are still getting used to navigating the site, so I will post a link below that will take you to where we mostly meet and chat. You will find most of the activity here in this thread. Come on over and catch up. I will be the one still on the floor waiting for a hand up!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: please pop in here    

Back to top Go down

please pop in here
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Quilting & Patchwork Cottage :: General Discussion Area :: New Members ... Please Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: