The Quilting & Patchwork Cottage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi ..

Go down 
+15
Lynn M
Dany M.
jendickson8
Joey C
debbie l
Bobbie B
Evelyn J
IreneR
Linda
Tarnyia S
Jan S
Wendy R
Blondie
Karen H
BB
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynn M

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:56 am

hi

I'am Lynn m. i have already met most of you. I'am glad to find you guys again. for the ones that don`t know me. i live in ontario canada. I live in the northern part. i àm married had 4 kids( 2 girls and 2 boys) and have 6 grandsons ages 13 to 25.

well it`s great to see everybody again

Lynn M
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:07 pm

hi Lynn ... it is lovely that you have joined our little group ...

wow ... all grandsons ... i have a healthy mix of both .....

welcome and i know you will fit in perfectly ....

hugs ...
Back to top Go down
Dany M.

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 3:35 pm

Hi Lynn!!!
nice to meet you again!!!!
Dany
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 6:05 pm

Hi ..  - Page 3 40661853 lovely to see you here Lynn
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:33 am

Welcome to the newbies, though I suspect it is I who is the newbie as some are from a former group? Hi ..  - Page 3 460800540
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:25 am

actually we are all from former groups ... some from a place called IFQ .. and also another called Applique and Quilting ... and others are from Ebay chat forums ... but ... those places are either closed or changed ..

now we are all here ... and after a couple of posts and maybe a swap or 2 .. no one is new ...

Back to top Go down
Val D

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 11:54 am

Welcome Dany and Lynn so lovely to see you here Hi ..  - Page 3 424776184

Hugs Val
Back to top Go down
Dany M.

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi Val!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi ..  - Page 3 1394770156
Back to top Go down
Dee B

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 6:01 am

HI everyone I am new here and my name is Dee. I have been quilting for over 25 years and enjoy the process of making my fabric's dance into quilts or other small projects. I started sewing as a preteen ,and watching my mom and my paternal grandmother sewing with her sister's.

Married for 38 years with 3 grown son's and the oldest who is living in England now with his family after living in Italy for 3 years, my middle son and his wife live near us and youngest is with us at home. We have two granddaughters 8 and 3 who are the delight of our lives. They visited for the month of August with their parents ,and we had a grand time especially visiting and going all over with the family. Disneyland was their favorite place to visit.

I enjoy crewel work and now that our house is all quiet again, I will get back to my crafting. I hope to make new friends and enjoying seeing my ole freinds here again !! ciao Dee:D
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 7:24 am

hi Dee ... lovely to met you ... they are a fun lot of ladies here ... and we have a couple of little swaps each month that we hope you join ... and hopefully we will be getting a few more going very soon ...

Hi ..  - Page 3 2048269382
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Welcome Dee and yes please, join in some of the monthly swaps, they are a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Dee B

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 3:23 am

Thanks Evelyn I do hope to join in on the fun swaps!!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sue M

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi everyone, I have just joined this group and am looking forward to giving and receiving help with quilting problems and also I hope to participate in swaps.

My name is Sue and I live in Perth Australia. My husband and I have 2 sons at university. I was bitten by the quilting bug about 12 years ago. I don't have a particular style or colour preference except I like to try any and every technique and I like to do difficult patterns. I always have 1 machine project and 1 hand project on the go (as well as numerous projects in the planning stages). But I try to be quite disciplined and don't start any new projects until the current one is finished....consequently, I have no ufo's in my cupboard which makes me a little unusual amongst my quilting group.

At the moment, I am completing a Sunbonnet Sue made from 1930's fabrics and a quilt-as-you-go hexagon tablecloth from Christmas fabrics.
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:41 pm

hi Sue ... would love to see your sunbonnet sues ... i want to make one one day ... but for now will just have to drool over other peoples quilts ...

sweetie as for no ufo's ... hopefully we will be able to cure you of that terrible tragedy ..... how horrid for you ... you seriously don't know what you are missing ... i have dozens in boxes here ... i love them all ... and they just keep me motivated .... every now and then i pull them out ... unfold them ... fondle them .. and maybe do a little stitch here or there ... find a fabric that really works well with one or two ... ... leave them laying all over my sewing room for about a week .. and then fold them all up ... and pack them away for another day ....

they keep me going ... haha ...

hope you enjoy your time here ... the girls are all lovely .... and we only have a couple of swaps going at the moment .. but have some fantastic ones in the works ...

and if you have any questions ... please ask away .... there is a chat section where anything and everything can be discussed ... and also .. if you have tips and tricks .. we would all love to hear them too ...

never can stop learning in this game ...

welcome and have fun ...
Back to top Go down
Wendy R

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 6:53 pm

I think 'UFO' is simply horrid. I think WIPs is far more to my liking.......

Hi ..  - Page 3 2056782734 Hi ..  - Page 3 2056782734

You will be surprised how many hexagons you have to make ha ha ha ha

and make ......... and make .......... and make. Especially if you want every centre to be a different colour/pattern etc. AND you need to really think about the backing fabic- takes ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so much of it. They eat backing fabric.

I have 6 tubs on the go. Some WIPs - some collecting the next 'things' etc but I try not to start something new till I get an empty tub. And I try and keep all the threads etc for each one in the tub so I can pick up later. Then when I finish a tub I put everything back where it belongs........... lol

Hi ..  - Page 3 519358090
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi ..  - Page 3 519358090 Hi Dee and Sue... welcome to the cottage.
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 5:34 pm

Welcome Sue. I salute you! You are Hi ..  - Page 3 554827737 And ......... I am not as good as you that is for sure! I even have quilts that are quilted already just waiting to be trimmed and bound! Rolling Eyes I will be the first to say - I am hopeless! Others here will agree with me! ha ha

I also have a boxes with finished blocks ready to whip into a few quilts and other boxes with whole projects just waiting for me to start cutting and sewing! Not to mention all the others I have in the planning stages! One day everyone will have a quilt - hopefully if it is one of mine it will be a finished one! Hi ..  - Page 3 1569876678
Back to top Go down
Linda

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:56 am

Hello Dee and Sue, welcome, it's a great place, lot's of both craft and fun. And as for the UFO's well, you have top start them in the first place, I am about to make a quilt, mind you, have been about to for a while. hahaha
Back to top Go down
Michele

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Hi ..   Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:34 am

I'm Michele, Has taken a while to post an intro as I'm very busy. Married 28 years no kids. Love crafting and have my own room. Lots of patterns kits and fabric as well as heaps of scrapbook and cardmaking goodies.

I'm currently finishing off My Girls Day Out stitcheries only 1 panel left and then have to put this one together - it's been a long haul. 6 years or so, will be glad to spend time putting it together (I think) not sure how to do it but will give it a try.

I'm in th Yarra Valley, Victoria out near the Dandenongs and there is never enough hours in the day or days in the week to get MY fun hobbies done around the usual housework. Oops forgot to let you know I'm retired and no that doesn't mean you have extra hours for craft it means you have a partner who is also retired wanting you to do something.

Anyways looking forward to meeting everyone and having lots of fun.

Michele
Back to top Go down
jendickson8

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:13 am

Hello: I am Jen. I live in Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA. Yes, after the Billy Joel song and next to Bethlehem and Bethlehem Steel. I have two children, a daughter 33 and 3 grandchildren and a son 27 (0 grandchildren from him) that is a cop in one of the worst city in the state. I have been sewing since I could stand at the sewing machine, 50 years ago. I teach all facets of sewing in one of the local fabric shops. I do some kind of sewing everyday. If I don’t, I feel like I am going thru withdrawal. I do all kinds of crafting, knitting, counted cross stitch, embroidery (but not good), jewelry making. Sewing is my passion. One day I will win a blue ribbon for one of my quilts. Oh, and I work full time for the Dept. of Defense.

I have met some terrific ladies here and I hope you will too. Welcome to the club.

Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:38 am

Hi Michele ... welcome aboard .. the girls here are a great bunch ...

i went to a 'girls day out' this year in toowoomba ... it was fantastic ... i still have not done the stitchery from it ... well no actually i have done a bit of it .. but you could say i have done nothing it is sooooooo minute .... hahaha . ..... i am the queen of everything unfinished ....

the dandenong's is not a place i would like to live .... i don't mind the cold but i do think it gets a wee bit cold there even for me ... haha .... but a very pretty area non the less ....

we are currently (not) traveling around australia in our bus .... not cos it is still in being repaired ... but very shortly we will be ... only a matter of days not we hope ... maybe a week ... but it is that close i can taste the salt air ..... when we leave here .. our youngest son's place near tara in south western queensland we are heading north to townsville to visit with another son and his family ... we just have to get our bus back .... will be more on that when it happens ....

we have 6 kids and 24 grandkids ... have been married for almost 32 years and are still happy with each others company ... he doesn't mind me sewing all day and i don't mind that he sits in front of the TV playing his playstation ... as long as the dishes are done he can do anything he wants .....

well that is about all i can think of that is interesting about me ... i can be a bit of a dull dora at times ......

lovely to have you here with us ... please come join in the fun of the swaps .... we don't take too much too seriously here ... but we do love to play with fabrics ....

Back to top Go down
Wendy R

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:55 am

Welcome Michele,

I live inner city Melbourne. I like to play with lots of crafts, lots of failures and not a lot of success but doesn't stop me trying. Othesr save fabric stashes but I am more interested in a thread stash. I might add I do have a metre or 2 of fabric.

I too am retired with no time to go to work even if anyone would employ me.

Hi ..  - Page 3 1711322713Hi ..  - Page 3 1711322713Hi ..  - Page 3 1711322713Hi ..  - Page 3 1711322713Hi ..  - Page 3 1711322713Hi ..  - Page 3 1711322713
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:49 pm

a metre or 2 of fabric Hi ..  - Page 3 692134046

this woman has had a bomb shelter built under her home to stash that meter or 2 of fabric ....

Hi ..  - Page 3 2056782734
Back to top Go down
Wendy R

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:03 pm

I wish .................
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi ..  - Page 3 2056782734
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi ..    Hi ..  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi ..
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Quilting & Patchwork Cottage :: General Discussion Area :: New Members ... Please Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: