HomeHome  RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ  Log in  

Share | 

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:00 am

Please sign up here if you wish to participate in this swap ... pattern [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... and you will find all the information [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The 6 x 8 inch (finished) blocks theme for this swap is .. Under the Sea .... and the borders to be a light blue tone on tone ... so this could be fish ... shells .. coral .. mermaids ... i think you get the idea ... can't wait to see what you all come up with ... the block centres may be a charm square .. appliqued .. embroidered or paper pieced .. that bit is your personal choice ... don't rush them and remember to make something you would love to receive ...

You must have your photos posted no later than midnight March 31st ... please post all photos in the gallery which you will find at the bottom of the home page ...

Remember .. no photo .. no entry ... ... no entry .. no chance to win ...

also please note ... we may have some international members joining in this swap .. which means you must be prepared to mail overseas .. the cost of this to the US would be between $2.35 and $4.70 ... depending on your fabrics and packaging .. i have sent similar in a plain envelope and can more often than not get it under the 50 grams and can send it for $2.35 ... you will need to fill out a customs declaration for it also ...

but you may not have to worry about the postage .. cos you may be the winner .. which means you get to keep yours and get a whole lot of squishies in the mail ... woohoo....

Winners will announced on the 1st of the next month .... I will contact the winner to get a snail mail address and then will let you all know what that is ... via email ...

it will be lovely to have you all join in ... and don't forget to have lots of fun picking out your fabrics ..... flower

Last edited by Admin on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:51 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
BB
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:40 am

OK .. i am putting my name down for this swap ...

it will be so great to start our first swap ...

i will get some photos in the gallery as soon as they are done ...

cheers
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Signing up   Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:48 am

I am in for this one Smile
Back to top Go down
Jan S

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:17 pm

I'm happy to be part of this first swap.

Must go and check my fabrics - NOW.
Back to top Go down
Annie M

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:51 pm

Ok Bobbie, I am in. Now where did you hear about this wonderful project???? Hummm, but you did not say how many we had to make. of course i am thinking 6. Am I right?? I will start looking for fabric when I get home tomorrow.

Cheers Ann
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Annie M wrote:
Hummm, but you did not say how many we had to make. of course i am thinking 6. Am I right??

opps!!!!!!! yes Annie M ... that is right .... 6 .... and i will go now and fix that up ...

and it is a wonderful idea too .. found the idea on another fantastic site that i go to ... Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven   queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven  queen 
Bobbie

hold your precious ones close and tell them you love them...
Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:00 pm

I did read that it was 6? or did I make that up? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
BB
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:31 pm

yes karen you saw it .. it is in the rules and instructions which is posted on a 'sticky' on the main board ...
Back to top Go down
Annie M

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:03 pm

Oh silly me, I must have missed it. i will get better. I am looking forward to this swap.

Cheers Ann
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:06 am

easy enough to miss Ann ... everything is new ... it will all become very easy after awhile ...

I love you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven   queen   Like a Star @ heaven  queen  Like a Star @ heaven  queen 
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
BB
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:41 am

i should have some photos later today ... ... they are going to look real good me thinks ..
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:14 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Had to check that I had some fabric in this theme first............. I do so I am signing up.
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:22 pm

Once again it seems I have not followed the guidelines! (My bad!) But as I have posted a pic of my blocks, I am belatedly (is that a word??) signing up for the block lotto swap too please?
Back to top Go down
BB
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:40 pm

seems that belatedly could be a word .. i have read it already twice today .. so that must mean someone other than me is using it .. Twisted Evil

and will now go check out your blocks ...

runs off .. slowly .. cos it is late and my feet hurt somewhat ...
Back to top Go down
BB
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:08 am

Attention everyone .. everywhere .... the winner of our first block lotto is .... Drum roll ..... please ...

are you ready ..... ok .. here goes ... the winner is ... Evelyn .... yay !!!!!

congratulations Evelyn .... i will email your address to the other girls and they will send their lovely blocks to you ....

now .. all we need from you .. is a theme and colour for next months blocks please ...

i will start a new thread and gallery for them ...

thank you all so much for playing ... it was a great way to start off our new little cottage ...

Back to top Go down
Karen H

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:42 am

Yay!!! Congratulations Evelyn Very Happy I am so pleased for you! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jan S

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:58 am

Well done Evelyn!

No doubt we will all want to see what you eventually make with these blocks.
Back to top Go down
Tarnyia S
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:15 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Well done Evelyn...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:28 am

Thank you all, we enter these things hoping to win but never expecting to and it is such a lovely surprise if we do! I did say I had been planning what to do with them if I won, but what I didn't say was - I have more than one plan! Laughing Maybe, in the spirit of things, I will number my plans, put them into a hat and draw out the winner?

Because I was only dreaming of winning the blocks, I haven't gone past planning what I would do with them and so I have not thought of a theme or colour scheme for the next swap. I will be back in half an hour ... watch this space please?
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:45 am

After much deliberation, I have chosen:

Theme: In My Garden
Borders to be: any shade of green

After the unexpected pleasure of winning the blocks today, I found it to be a tad overwhelming to have to choose a theme and colour on the spot! So, I thought I would play it 'safe'. Hope you all approve?

(Note to self (insert your name here): Make a list of themes and colours in advance in case I (insert your name here) am lucky enough to win the Block Lotto next! That way, the winner will have a theme and colour ready to post!!)
Back to top Go down
BB
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:58 am

Woohoo .. great choice there Miss Evelyn ...

I shall start a new sign up thread ..... with this months theme and colours ....

can hardly wait to start this ... but wait i will .. cos I have heaps to do before I start playing ...
Back to top Go down
Evelyn J

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:28 pm

Just an update on my "Under the Sea" lotto block winnings:

These lovely blocks have been waiting patiently and "look at me" every time I open the craft cupboard and I have FINALLY come up with a plan for them. There is to be a local sew-in weekend happening in September to make quilts for children in need and if I make 3 more blocks I will have enough blocks to make 2 quilts the size the organisers specified (including sashings and borders of course). I am going to make one each for a boy and a girl. 

The girl's quilt will feature the cute embroidered mermaid block and paper pieced dolphin made by Jan. 

I am in the process of choosing fabric for sashing and borders.

You can see all the blocks here to remind yourself what they looked like:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Bobbie B
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:06 pm

that would be great evelyn ... dont forget to take pics and post them .... all my lotto blocks are still sitting in a tub waiting for me to do something with them ... although i do have some sorted with sashing fabrics ... haha ... does that count as me actually doing something with them .... 

nah ... i didn't think so ...  Embarassed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bobbie

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sign Up Here ... March 2012 ---- Under the Sea   

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1